Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coach Net vs Good Sam??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Coach Net vs Good Sam??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
supercub

Modesto CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/09 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had Good Sam for about 5 years, and have called them only once......I got the problem fixed before they called me back, which was about 4 hours...they were looking for someone to change a tire for me. Anyway.......I wasn't very sold on the service. Sooooooo, I joined Faminly Motor Coach which I believe you have to belong to in order to get Coach Net emerency road side service. So....here's my question........which do you like? and why? What makes one better then the other? What's the difference in price? Thanks
Brian

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/09 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am also an FMCA member and have Coach-Net. You can have Coach-Net without being FMCA but I like FMCA for the extra benefits. My experience with GS was very poor when I called on Christmas Day. The recording said to call back the next day if I still needed assistance and call the local police if I was in danger. I have had Coach-Net since and have great service when I needed it.

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire, Workhorse W22, 2008 Saturn Vue, Falcon 5250, & US Gear Unified Tow Brake

LEN Retired

SW Michigan ( Two Paws )

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/09 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have CoachNet, had to use them a month ago when I got stuck with the 5er attached backing in a new driveway on my property in northern lower Mi. I told them that the area was off a private drive about 400 feet into my property , explaining I was not off the road 4 wheeling etc. They contacted a wrecker who called me back within 10 minutes and asked if a rollback would work, I responded all I needed was a winch and the flatbed(rollback) was on scene and me out in 45 minutes. This one use paid for my membership, Wouldnt be without them now!! Bill

06 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 2007 Holiday Rambler Alumascape Suite 32SKT,3 slide 5th wheel " SEMPER FIDELIS "
Jasmine, 2006-2013 RIP.

soberjoe

Gainesville, FL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/09 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've used GS many times for tows and lock out. They have been very nice and quick to call me back with info. Sometimes it takes help sometime to arrive but that is the wrecker company not GS.

Joe & Paca
Gainesville, FL
08 Safari Simba RD 37PDQ

bill h

hassayampa valley

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/09 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried to renew my Good Sam on a Friday afternoon before a last-minute holiday weekend trip. They said if wouldn't be effective until Tuesday when they could verify the credit card.

I called Coachnet, and everything was great. Been with them since. Never used them, but their good service clinched the deal.

NOTE: Any incorrect spelling is intentional to prevent those annoying popups.

84 Barth 30Tag powered by HT502/Thorley/Weiand etc, Gear Vendors OD.
Siamese Calvin and Airedale Hobbes, 4WD Toyota toad

soyboy

Frederick, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/09 09:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Coach-net. I researched both before I joined and it seemed that folks were more satisfied with the service (in general) than they were with GS. I think Coach-net vets out the service people better from what I understand. I think they also have better towing benefits.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 Black EC D/A 4X4, Mich LTX MS2 Pwr. TT Mirrors, A.R.E. Cap, Equal-i-zer Hitch, Jordan Ultima,
1999 Airstream Safari 27', Yamaha EF2400is, AM Solar 150 setup

Sully2

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/09 05:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach Net...period!

kjburns

Show Low, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/09 10:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used CoachNet once and the service was excellent. I had dead chassis batteries at a storage facility. The service truck was there within a couple of minutes after I got off the phone. In the mean time, CoachNet had already scheduled me to get the batteries tested and replaced. All I had to do was show up.

2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD

djevans

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/09 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have GS and have called them only twice over the years, they came VERY quickly both times - once we had a transmission problem with one of Lexus', they arrived quickly and towed it to Lexus - once my brother in law sank the motorhome to the axles cutting too sharp in to our yard - my wife said they sent a MASSIVE tow truck to pull it out - the tow truck driver was extremely careful not to break the fiberglass and seemed to know exactly what he was doing

Both times, they were more than satisfactory - However I wouldn't hesitate to use COACH NET either though, based on feedback by their members

Don . . . near 36.171N 086.784W, TN near here
WA4ZFN
2003 Fleetwood Revolution 40C - HONDA Element
350hp Cummins ISC
2006 GL1800 HONDA GoldWing
- - - P i c t u r e s - - -

"HOPE" is not a strategy . . .

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/09 10:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Coach-Net ERS. I previously have had GS ERS, but their switch to Road America as their ERS contractor last year convinced me to switch, along with the higher regard many RV'ers have for Coach-Net. The pricing for both is similar, but I believe Coach-Net has the edge in overall benefits.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Coach Net vs Good Sam??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS