Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: J Cube Sofa
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> J Cube Sofa

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Amy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/09 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone got experience with the J Cube sofa that they could share? The dealer said that it was a very popular item and that people just love it, but I'm not crazy about my son sleeping "on the floor" almost. Is it comfortable and warm? How does it hold up quality wise? The dealer also suggested buying a second sofa and adding it, but wouldn't this be a lot of expense?

Also, is a black water flush system worth getting, or would we be better off using the wand we have now?

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/09 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't help with your sofa question.
I really like the black tank flush. It eliminates dragging a dirty hose through the door or a window.
How much does you dealer want for this upgrade? They are not all that difficult to install yourself.

Keep in mind that lots of folks do just fine without any kind of black tank flushing/cleaning system. Your black tank does not need to be sparking clean.
Lots and lots of water works great too.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/09 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a version of the J-Cube in our Sunnyrbook. I liked it, kids liked it and being warm comes from how the trailer's built not the couch style. If the unit has zero insulation then it's cold on the floor or on the ceiling.

Black tank flusher's are a nice feature but they do have common issues like leaks and becoming plugged at the nozzle tip. I wouldn't pay extra for one but mine came standard with it.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

BillB800si

S.E. MICHIGAN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/09 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Jayco came with a black tank flush system.

We use it all the time to keep that nasty tank clean. You would be surprised how much stuff stays in there after a standard flush.
Sometimes I have to fill the black tank 3 or 4 times before the water comes out clear.

You may want to get a fitting like this so that you know when the media is clean.
Clear elbow..

Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab CTD
2014 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES trailer

harper223

West Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/09 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the Jcube in our 32BHDS, and the kids (3&5) love it. I slept on it one night, and I think its more comfortable than the bed me and my wife sleep in up front.

"Whatever is good to know, is difficult to to learn."

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/09 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The black tank flush is a very worthwhile option. Much more convenient and effective than the wand.
Personally I prefer a sofa or real furniture instead of the J cube.We have a jack knife sofa in the bunk house. Not the most comfortable thing but it works.
The bonus of the jack knife sofa is there is a decent storage area underneath which is also accessible from the outside.
J-cube is OK for small kids maybe but otherwise it is just too low to the floor.

07'Duramax dually,12'Open Range 399BHS
Hawkshead TPMS,Hensley BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake
Blue Ox Bedsaver,air bags,Garmin RV760 w/BC20 camera
Arvika bike rack,Bak-Flip G2
5500 Onan LP,Progressive surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote w/8.0 Nissan
Vu Cube,Splendide WD

GBlack

Evansville, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/09 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a JCube in my 31.5BHDS Eagle Super Lite. I thought it was really nice. It opened up to almost a king size bed (75x75 or something like that). Then again, it's size may depend on model #. It folded up to a nice sofa during the day. No problem with warmth; if trailer is warm, I imagine it should be also. Yes, it's low, but that really only mattered to me when climbing in/out of it. We didn't keep the camper long enough to appraise how it holds up over time.

chilipyro

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/09 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The J-Cube in our 32BHDS is in the kids bunk area. Our 11 yr old sleeps on it and loves that bed. It sits fairly high off the floor - about 10". The angled pillows get used in many configurations by the kids, when they are watching TV or horsing around. Folded out, the J-Cube couch can make a comforable queen bed, or two separate twin beds. The construction seems very durable to me - very glad we went with the J-Cube.

I installed a tank rinser on my last trailer. It was an easy install and it worked great. The new trailer has a sealed underbelly, and I am still regretting not having Jayco put in a tank rinser at the factory. Someday, I will probably cut into the sealed underbelly and add one. But right now that seems a bit overwhelming to me. If the trailer you are buying does not have a sealed underbelly, then it is a very easy install. But, it will be more pleasant if you do it before you start to use the black tank.

2009 Jayco G2 32BHDS, 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crew Max w/tow package, Michelin LTX/AT2 275/65 R18, Load range E., Rancho 9000XL shocks, Air Lifts, Hensley Arrow hitch

jwstewar

Southern Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/09 08:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also have the J-cube in our 32 BHDS. At first I was turned off on that "feature." I even asked about swapping out to one of the sofas with the air mattress. The CFO didn't like the cost upgrade and thought the J-cube would work out pretty well. In actualality, it has worked out very well. So glad we stayed with it. Our daughters sleep on it (9 years and 14 mo.). I even slept on it one night. It wasn't bad sleeping. The kids also like it during the day playing video games. So far durability seems to be OK, other than Vaseline stains it. Don't ask how we know this one.

Jim
2009 Jayco 32 BHDS
1999 Chevy Silverado 4x4 ECSB 5.3 w/ 3.73

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> J Cube Sofa
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS