Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Open Range RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Open Range RV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Fredtp

Pensacola, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/10 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone tell me about the Open Range brand RV? I have never heard of them and just ran across them by accident while looking at other 5th wheels. They seem to have alot of standard features that are options on some other brands.

Retired Navy (92)
2010 F350 Lariat CC DRW FX4
2011 Open Range R416RLS

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/10 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was talking to a large 4 slide open range owner this morning. I was looking at the cable that powers the slide and he came out to visit. He said look at the other slide on the entry side. The crimped cable connection came off and the top of the slide was out more than the end of the slide. This put a twist in the slide. I hope somebody in this area can fix the problem for him. I wonder if the tool to fix it is available.
he was telling they have used it alot and like it.
chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank
Garmin 2720
scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors

NEVERSWEAT7

Bakersfield, Ca. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/10 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought somebody had a post a few days back complete with pictures? If you can find it, it is not a bad look.

2010 F-450 King Ranch Loaded. AeroTank 65 gallon auxillary tank/toolbox with timer,
2005 Alpenlite Portofino/ loaded/ 650 watts Kyocera Solar 2800 Watt Magnum Pure sinewave Inverter
Reese 24K Signature Series Fifthwheel Hitch Sig Series 30K Gooseneck

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/10 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes it is . . . and I've been looking a them seriously. They have some full time models called the residential series with all home style appliances in them. Really nice units.

Where I Am Now

Amateur Radio Operator KK9W ARRL VE FT DX2000

Steve and Joy
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35 LKTS
2014 Ford F 350 Lariat Dually Camper Package
Cooper . . . The Aussie-Doodle, Yogi . . . The Yorkie, Cookie . . . The Chiuaiua

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/10 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Open Range is a 'new kid on the block' started by Randy Graber (formerly from Newmar, KZ RV and Keystone RV) with his wife as vice president and with only a couple of years in business (August 6th 2007), but making all kinds of people happy with their products, 2 year warranties, lots of innovative designs. You are right about the 2 year warranty and the plethora of standard equipment that would cost more on other brands! From all indications, Open Range is doing very well, and their customers appear very happy!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

bop11

North Lakeport MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/10 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is Open Range the ones with the running horses on the front cap?
If it is it's a nice looking rig!!
Bill

Bill
2010 Cardinal 3150 5th Wheel
Chevy Duramax/Allison

cooksvillewildcat

Cooksville, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/10 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just returned from a week in Florida with our Open Range 399BHS. Trip was our second outing .... so far so good, the camper has performed flawlessly and tows like a dream. I am impressed with the quality. As for the cable slides, they are made by BAL and are used on many of the high-end motor homes - the following manufacturers use the BAL Accuslide on at least one of their models:
Aero Chariot Damon Fleetwood Forest River Four Winds Glendale
Gulfstream, Heartland, Keystone, King of the Road, K-Z, Inc., Merhow, Open Range, Pilgrim, Roadmaster, RS Motorhomes, R-Vision, Spirit RV, TravelAir and Weekend Warrior.

BAL has instructions for replacing the cables on their web site. Each cable is color-coded and there is a good diagram on the following website: BAL Accuslide

My parents just purchased a new Open Range 347 RLS and are still in Florida enjoying warmer temperatures (compared to the 20's here in MD today Their unit had one problem so far - a bad coax connector on their satellite feed to their main TV - I fixed it for them while in Florida.

Mark
'05 Chevy Silverado 3500 D/A CC LB
Open Range RV Owners Forum - all can view
'10 Open Range 399 BHS
Reese 18K Signature Hitch
Prodigy brake controller

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Open Range RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS