Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Toy Hauler Loading
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Toy Hauler Loading

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
MQUnlimited

*SoCal*

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/10 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use to have to do it all the time, expect coolant to leak out if you have a liquad cooled, shut the fuel off...try not to fill up the quad until u get to your destination, and I placed a mat under the grab bar to not leave rub marks on the floor.

www.youtube.com/mqunlimited
2008 Weekend Warrior SLC3905

BIGDADDY650R

OVERBROOK, KANSAS

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/10 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maybe you could put a platform on the back of your trailer???

* This post was edited 02/26/10 07:53am by BIGDADDY650R *

2004 CHEV.2500 225/70R/19.5 , BD exhaust, and other goody's.
2004 40' KZ 3-SLIDE TOYHAULER
2007 RINCON
2008 RINCON
2011 RZR 800 LE. YELLOW(WHEN SHE LETS ME DRIVE IT!)

Ropdoc

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/10 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a video a long time ago that showed a platform in the bed of their truck that was the length of the bed plus it extended past the bumper. It had a recieved that slid into the hitch. That was how he locked it in. The cool thing was that the ramps hooked right up to this platform, The platform also had tie points for the Quad and tie to the truck.

My question is : does anyone know where I can find a manufacturer for this ?

Dave

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/10 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ropdoc wrote:

I saw a video a long time ago that showed a platform in the bed of their truck that was the length of the bed plus it extended past the bumper. It had a recieved that slid into the hitch. That was how he locked it in. The cool thing was that the ramps hooked right up to this platform, The platform also had tie points for the Quad and tie to the truck.

My question is : does anyone know where I can find a manufacturer for this ?

Dave

I remember that post from about a year or so ago, it was custom made. Would work well but not be easy to take on/off as it would be very heavy unless you made it in pieces.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
'06 3005 Rage'n Falcon

time_to_go_now

La Mirada, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/10 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BIGDADDY650R wrote:

maybe you could put a platform on the back of your trailer???

Man...that is a bunch of weight hanging off the back of that truck!

Jim and Deanna

2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA
2007 Carson Trailer 22' Titan TH
Trailer Toad
Me, Wife, Boy/17, Boy/14, Girl/12
1985 Toyota 4Runner
ONE quad, THREE kids, TWO motorcycles, ONE wife, TWO dogs, ONE cat, ONE Polaris RZR

tj548

Salt Lake City

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/10 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for your comments. Sorry for my late response. I failed to "subscribe" to the thread and assumed that because I wasn't getting emails, the thread was DOA. My bad.

I have a WW FS2500 and am loading a Polaris RZR and two other polaris ATV's in there. There is no way to fit them all in on their tires so I will have to tip them back.

I tipped up one of the ATV's in the garage and learned (as has been suggested) that I have to turn off the fuel petcock. Also, with a full tank, it slowly leaks out of the filler cap. If those are my only problems, it will be a great solution and I will be able to fit all three machines in the toy hauler.

I will be adding more tie-down hooks and using a board to protect the floor where the back ATV rack contacts the floor. I'll post a photo when I finish. Leaving on the first outing in 3 weeks. Yay!

TV: 2011 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel
TH: 07 Next Level 38CKS
2010 Polaris RZR
2 Polaris ATV's
1 Yamaha Enduro

thinkpt

Tustin, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/10 11:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tj548 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your comments. Sorry for my late response. I failed to "subscribe" to the thread and assumed that because I wasn't getting emails, the thread was DOA. My bad.

I have a WW FS2500 and am loading a Polaris RZR and two other polaris ATV's in there. There is no way to fit them all in on their tires so I will have to tip them back.

I tipped up one of the ATV's in the garage and learned (as has been suggested) that I have to turn off the fuel petcock. Also, with a full tank, it slowly leaks out of the filler cap. If those are my only problems, it will be a great solution and I will be able to fit all three machines in the toy hauler.

I will be adding more tie-down hooks and using a board to protect the floor where the back ATV rack contacts the floor. I'll post a photo when I finish. Leaving on the first outing in 3 weeks. Yay!

If you clamp the vent hose coming off the gas cap it stops the leak and no worries. I have to do that on the LT80 but the others never leak a drop.

2006 Chevy 2500 6.6L D/A
2007 WW FS2500, Billet etc
2006 Yamaha Rhino Special edition
2006 Honda Trx450er
2008 KTM 530 EXC R
2011 Kx250f
2006 Honda ex300
2009 Suzuki Kx100
2009 Suzuki kx85
2011 KTM 65sx
Son Ryan, Jake, and Jarett

Doughboy12

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/10 01:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jeepgeek wrote:

Then I finally found a local shop to build the picture in my head.

Due to the weight of the Raptor, I ended up keeping it in the trailer and just put the three Kymco's up there.

George

Very nice, plus if the kids are misbehavin' you can make them "ride" the quade home...lol

sandslinger

Gypsum,Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/10 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doughboy12 wrote:

jeepgeek wrote:

Then I finally found a local shop to build the picture in my head.

Due to the weight of the Raptor, I ended up keeping it in the trailer and just put the three Kymco's up there.

George

Very nice, plus if the kids are misbehavin' you can make them "ride" the quade home...lol

That is great!!! I have been tryin to come up with a idea on where to stick the quads now that we have a RZR 4....I didnt want to start pulling two trailers again. If you dont mind me askin what did they charge you for it? and is it very heavy? Sorry didnt mean to hi jack the thread!

2003 Dodge Cummins HO Quad cab 4x4
2006 CrossTerrain 37 feet of sand duning heaven!!!
2005 Yamaha Raptor 700r (mine)
2000 Bombardier ds 650 (wifes)
2004 Eton Viper 90 (sons)
2002 Suzuki Lt 50 (sons)

jeepgeek

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/10 12:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sandslinger wrote:

That is great!!! I have been tryin to come up with a idea on where to stick the quads now that we have a RZR 4....I didnt want to start pulling two trailers again. If you dont mind me askin what did they charge you for it? and is it very heavy? Sorry didnt mean to hi jack the thread!

Responding via PM

05 Chevy 3500 LT Crew Cab Dually,
06 WW SLC3905 Kenwood 6X9 speakers
03 Jeep Wrangler 4.5" Rubicon Express coils 1" body lift, 35" tires, 9000 lb winch, rock jock dana 60/detroit/4.88 rear, Dana 30/Detroit/4.88 front
07 Raptor 700R
07 Kymco 90 (X3)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Toy Hauler Loading
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS