Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Tire
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
grandpa123

Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 10:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your tires are a 875 X 16.5 . I just installed 6 new 10 ply Firestone tires in February. on my 1984 23.5 ft Coachmen. If you have a Tire Craft store in Calgary have them check for this tire. I live in Stettler Alberta and our Tire Craft store had no problem getting these tires for me. Good luck.
Don't attempt to drive on tires that are starting to seperate or you can wind up upside down in some ditch some where. Good luck.

ret-miner

ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check your,e tires again, I have an 85 gmc class c, just put last year 6 new tires 875 16.5 which was only available from firestone transforce model,we live in ontario,tire dealer had to order from the states

mesganam@hotmail.com

canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 1984 Cutaway chevy C class motor home, just bought last year,
all the tires they look brand new from out side and on the tread
but in the inside all are have cracks even the sparetire which never
been install .When I took it for inspection I was told that I need to buy a new tires,that was not a problem finding the tire is the problem if I am not wrong the tire size is 75.16.8,
is there other kind of tier that is recomanded beside this size
I live in Canada Calgary any sugestion ?

* This post was edited 03/11/10 12:28pm by mesganam@hotmail.com *

fisher60

Plant City, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The tire size and load range recommended by the manufacture should be on a label inside the door jam, drivers side. You can also get the date code off one or all of the tires and see when they were made. Another member can tell you what to look for and where. Newer codes are 4 numbers. I don't know about yours. Might be the same, might not. Tread wear on rv tires is not a good indicator of life left. I would continue to seek advice were I you.

'01 Dutchman Express 28A, Borg Chrome Dually Valve Stems, Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulators, '06 Tuscon, 2014 FLHTCUTG
Good Sam Life Member

Rheinlan

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Firestone dealer was able to locate 6 tires for my 1984 Chev. TransMaster last spring. They were not Firestone's but were of current manufacture and US made. Manager indicated that their supplier was still able to obtain. Other local and national tire stores were of no help.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS