Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV park along I-5 California
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> RV park along I-5 California

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
kazmir

Santa Cruz, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/10 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at the KOA in Lost Hills several years ago, nothing special but easy on and off I5. Its a bit off the highway so maybe a bit quieter. Its now called Lost Hills RV Park?. Its probably a 3 hr drive to LA from there in the morning...

2005 Minnie 24V
Family of Four with lots of toys!

zke99

san bernardino ca

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/10 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can get over the Mountain and past Gorman and down the hill before dark...on I5 you will find Lake Piru, I5 and the HWY 126. Nice Lake, full hookups trees, grass and you can leave after the Morning rush or the afternoon.
$21.00 electric only or $30.00 full hookups. There is a dump station down by the lake if you go with the electric only site.

not sure of the name but there is a canp ground right off the 5 on the 126. it is very near magic mountain.

2007 Chevy 2500 D/A
2008 weekend warrior fs25

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/10 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rita,

Taking 99 instead of I5 from Sacramento to the junction with I5 just North of the Grapevine is less than an hour longer than just going down I5. I travel I5 and lately have been towing and have found that 58 to 60 mph is okay with the CHP but over 60 may get you a ticket. I judge this from the fact that the truckers are now cruising at those speeds. Santa Nella is almost exactly half way from Sacramento to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (Eagle Rock is West of Pasadenda)it is 4 to 5 hours from LA. Have to go help the DW if you want more info PM me.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
1990 Bounder 27D
06 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4
Stowmaster 5000
Blue Ox Apollo Brake Sys.(missing after break in, shopping for new one)

bowtiebill

Fillmore, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/10 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a nice park off the 5 in Coalinga, Sommerville Almond Tree RV Park. Lots of shade.

Good luck,
Bill

Bill, Sherry, & Riley
2005 Gulfstream Super C

frmAloha

Oregon (OR-y-gun)

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/10 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for Santa Nella RV park. WiFi is good as is over-the-air TV reception. Walking distance to restaurants and grocery, and competitive gas prices.

Oregon Native
Retired w/
2000 31' SurfSide
Class A

harleybass47

FARMERSVILLE,CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/10 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you don's like the scenary on 99 you'll hate I5 since it's barren and if you don't go 75 to 80 mph you'll get run over. Kingsburg has a nice cg right on the river just south of Fresno. Visalia has two right off the freeway one a KOA the other The Wooden Shoe. Bakersfield RV is a little pricy but the food there is first quality. We stayed at Castaic just above LA about one to one and a half hours out of LA.

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Economical Handyman wrote:

Very clean park at Patterson, CA exit 'Kit-Fox', easy off and on and clean.

Hi,

On my way from Portland to Long Beach, I stopped at Grants Pass and Kit Fox RV park. Was there for a Rally in 2006, and had a great time there. But it is not to far south of Stockton, so might not be far enough south for your plans.

Redding is also a good place.

Fred.

AGBAT

Tierra Encantada

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/10 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another advantage of Santa Nella is the Pea Andersons Restaurant. We stop there every chance we get.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/10 11:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bakersfield RV Resort...but not for just an overnight stay. Too expensive and too nice for just one night. We prefer 99 to 1-5.....Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

tom_umholtz

california

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/10 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your main objective in CA is to get to the LA area I would certainly recommend avoiding 99. There are many stretches between Sacramento and Bakersfield where it is only two lanes in each direction and the very heavy truck traffic over the whole route can cause a number of slow-downs while one truck going 57 wants to pass two others going 55. And since you go through or close to so many cities you have on and off ramps to contend with in every one of them. The scenery is not terribly interesting either. So pick a stopping place along I-5.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> RV park along I-5 California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS