Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Lance Travel Trailers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Lance Travel Trailers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
oasisp

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/10 02:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am interested to buy a Lance travel trailers. i am thinking to purchase either 2285 or 1685 slide out travel trailer. Please anyone with comments/suggestion for lance travel trailer. Thanks in advance for your input.

atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/10 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My father has a Lance truck camper and has been very happy with it, with no problems. He's had it for several years now, and took it on a LONG trip to Alaska a couple years ago. I've been in it and seemed like a very nicely put together unit.

2009 Trail-Sport TS21RBH
2008 Toyota Sienna

OrangeTJ

El Dorado Hills

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/10 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If their trailers are as durable as their truck campers, they should be great! My folks have a 1986 Lance 9.5 foot truck camper that they purchased used in 1990 and have used several weeks a year for the past 20 years. It's showing some age, but it has held up remarkably well.

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/10 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,
I have a 2010 2285. Been on about 4 trips with it in the past 3 to 4 months.

What questions do you have? Great to ask before buying!

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/10 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Leftcoast,

Did we meet at Faria beach? You stopped by on your bicycles to say hi. I had my slideout seal replaced, but your seal is still better on the 1685!

* This post was edited 07/26/10 01:56pm by an administrator/moderator *

sealyin

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/10 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I took possession of our 2010 1685 in December 2009. It is the biggest little trailer you will ever find! We moved up from a popup tent trailer but still fit in all the same old spots. The only addition we have made so far was a trimetric power meter to better manage power consumption while off the grid.

TomSaraMiles

Ventura, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/10 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just took our 2180 out on her maiden voyage and could not be happier. I've owned several different makes of motorhomes, this is our first non-popup trailer. Happily impressed with the build quality so far.

Tom Sara big brother Miles and the youngun
Ventura, CA
current- Lance 2180 travel trailer
former: Fleetwood Utah popup / Winnebago View / Jamboree 26Q / 80s Starcraft popup

schneid

In the Wind

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/10 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2010 2281. I am very happy with the quality of materials and accessories. I have to ding them on workmanship though. Mis-shot staples, sawdust in compartments, incomplete sealing around pipe exits, pinched wires, footprints on roof, etc. I think that is the norm in this country these days. Nothing I couldn't readily remedy.

That said I am completely happy and confident I bought a quality product. Everything has worked properly since day one.

http://www.lancecamper.com/travel-trailers/2281/index.html

adamroof

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 12:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sealyin wrote:

We just went on a tour of the Lance Manufacturing facility yesterday in Lancaster...
How cool! Did you have to make an appointment? I would love to go check it out too.

That whole stretch from Hobson to Emma Wood is really nice, thats a good point about day use, if we cant land a spot at Rincon Parkway in the morning, we can just cruise down to day use and still have a nice weekend. Is it 6am to 10pm?

sealyin

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just went on a tour of the Lance Manufacturing facility yesterday in Lancaster CA and it was awesome! Neat to see how our 2010 Model 1685 travel trailer was built and it is all about quality with Lance.

Adam ... this Sealyin account is my real account name (pronounced "sea lion" but implies the BIG one that got away). Just posted under leftcoast the other day while I was waiting for some admin support and Yes, we met down at Rincon a few weeks back. Been enjoying the day use area by Emma Wood SP on the weekends while the summer crowd is out in the campgrounds. See you around!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Lance Travel Trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS