Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Kwikee Step Series 32 (FYI)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Kwikee Step Series 32 (FYI)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Brad_P_

Santa Cruz, CA,USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/10 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In case this information could help any one!

My Kwikee Step on extention would not shut off, it would keep attempting to open, banging aginst the stops.
I deduced that the large gear had a broken tooth and could not reach the point that the limit switch could stop the motor.
I adjusted the stops on the step to enable the step to be stopped before the gear reached the broken tooth and it worked. The step now works like it should. Altho I do need to open the gear assm and rotate the gear so the broken tooth is not envilved.

sonny317

Indy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/10 11:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info

Brad_P_ wrote:

In case this information could help any one!

My Kwikee Step on extention would not shut off, it would keep attempting to open, banging aginst the stops.
I deduced that the large gear had a broken tooth and could not reach the point that the limit switch could stop the motor.
I adjusted the stops on the step to enable the step to be stopped before the gear reached the broken tooth and it worked. The step now works like it should. Altho I do need to open the gear assm and rotate the gear so the broken tooth is not envilved.

Sonny and Donna
Central Indiana
1999 Pace Arrow Vision 36B

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Kwikee Step Series 32 (FYI)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS