Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A vs Super C ??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Class A vs Super C ??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
blkcloud1

usa

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cant decide, I want a A she wants a super C.. We have 4 girls, ages 3-21.. will be using this to travel to trapshooting competitions.. is there any advantage or disadvantage between the 2? I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but I have very little time to sit down and look around on here..thanks!

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I woulds suggest that the Super C layout makes it much easier to work on the engine. But.... The need to run a drive shaft down the middle also takes up basement space.

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seriously both are great and it really is more of a personal matter for the family to work out. Both can get you there and back in style.

DO NOT use Male logic on this one.

GENECOP

NEW YORK

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will take it one step further, Go with a Truck Conversion, look at Renegade, Showhauler, or Haulmark, these are heavy duty Rigs that can be customized to meet your needs, Many advantages to this platform, Gene...

Daveinet

il

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haulmark is one of the few new motorhomes I'm actually impressed with. The only disadvantage I see is the more closed in cockpit. It ends up not being as practical as extra seating in the living room.

Are you looking at a Kodiac chassis or Semi-tractor type chassis?

Dave

The Flying Fortress
FMCA F298817
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
6% grade = wanna drag?
MISC photos
Revconeers Forum

GENECOP

NEW YORK

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

">

f.wernlein

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had a class C and currently have an A. Both have features to love...and some features to miss.

One factor is your are a family of 6. Typically, the overhead bed in a c type provides a great sleeping location that is missing in an A type coach. This is a "always there/ready to go" bed...which will be of value to a larger rv based family.

I would suggest looking at any coach floorplan and thinking of what you have to do to: cook, sleep, lounge/loaf, bathe, and feed your family...both on the road and while "camping". This excercise might help you "visualize" the plusses and minuses of a specific coach. If any of these daily functions is a problem...you will be living with it every day.

As your into attending trap matches...I've found some ranges seem to lack level parking for thier special big events and you will need the capability to "boondock" for perhaps a full day...so levelers and a good generator set up will be very nice.

Frank W.
1985 BlueBird Wanderlodge

RckyMtnVia

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/10 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First, make a list of the reasons you want to buy a diesel. Those reasons should answer some of your questions whether a class A or a Super C is your first choice. Second, look at floor plan and storage space. Both types come with bunk beds or other bed options, but class A diesel basement storage will probably be better. Also interior room may be better in the Class A.

I did consider a Jayco super C with full wall slide, but my concern was noise from the engine up front, no airbag ride, and DW did not like small refrigerator and smaller shower and bathroom in the Super C.

2013 Winnebago Via 25T
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Occasionally)

Corkey05

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/10 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

f.wernlein wrote:

I have had a class C and currently have an A. Both have features to love...and some features to miss.

One factor is your are a family of 6. Typically, the overhead bed in a c type provides a great sleeping location that is missing in an A type coach. This is a "always there/ready to go" bed...which will be of value to a larger rv based family.

I would suggest looking at any coach floorplan and thinking of what you have to do to: cook, sleep, lounge/loaf, bathe, and feed your family...both on the road and while "camping". This excercise might help you "visualize" the plusses and minuses of a specific coach. If any of these daily functions is a problem...you will be living with it every day.

As your into attending trap matches...I've found some ranges seem to lack level parking for thier special big events and you will need the capability to "boondock" for perhaps a full day...so levelers and a good generator set up will be very nice.
Ditto ...

Some A's have a couple of extra bunks, but few, and floor plans, and chassis choices are limited. And A's in general are designed for just two people.

C's and Super C's do a better job of offering family oriented floor plans.

2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super C's usually have great & efficient layouts for larger families.

That being said, to me most Super C's look like decorated U-Haul trucks.

Plus, your cab area is just that -- a cab area -- adding nothing to usable living space as a Class A would.

Tough decision, and only you can decide what's best for your family.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Class A vs Super C ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS