Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Holding tanks for FEMA trailer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Holding tanks for FEMA trailer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Gary-3165

Montgomery City Mo. 63361

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/10 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello! New member here, Got a question about adding holding tanks to a FEMA trailer. Kinda new to this, So any advice or pointers would be appreciated. I am currently looking at a trailer that has no holding tanks. Was wondering what all is involved in making one of these self-contained and also the approximate cost involded. I can do most of the work myself, so that is a plus! Would like to know a general scope of this. Thanks!

bldrbuck

one or the other

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/10 10:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not familiar with the Bathroom setup of those trailer but with no holding tanks they probably have house type toilets. If that is the case you will need a new toilet and a lot of plumbing. They may also lack in the axle capacity area to add the weight of tanks. If they do not have fresh water tanks and a pump that will add to the cost. It sounds like a major project and probably will cost at least 2,000 dollar in just parts.

cmartin7143

ILL

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 12:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.rvsurplus.net/catalog
Try here and smile. Happy trails
clicky not working

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 04:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

at last count there were approximately 1,000,000,000,000,000 of those trailers out there, many have tanks, etc. look for one of those.
bumpy

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 04:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bldrbuck wrote:

I am not familiar with the Bathroom setup of those trailer but with no holding tanks they probably have house type toilets. If that is the case you will need a new toilet and a lot of plumbing. They may also lack in the axle capacity area to add the weight of tanks. If they do not have fresh water tanks and a pump that will add to the cost. It sounds like a major project and probably will cost at least 2,000 dollar in just parts.

FEMA has TT's with out holding tanks?
So just how did they set these FEMA TT's up?

Did they drop them in a state of emergency situation and then PLUMB them to the exsisting house sewer system?

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

nny12972

NY

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 05:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If ya' need to, RONCO (they have an extensive catalog on their site) makes all kinds---hundreds of different sizes in stock....the two each 25 gallon I got from them for my TH build---ran about $300 including shipping....they have all sizes, and they'll put whatever size fittings wherever you need them...
J

Jimehc

Taylorsville, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 05:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary,

Those are park model trailers, they are not and where not intended for RV use..

The project you are seeking to under take, will cost you as much as the trailer is worth, not to mention the amount of time you will be investing..

Look for a fully self contained (RVIA Certified) trailer, you will save yourself a lot of time, effort and money in the long run and get a better trailer to boot..

alcaudle

Asheville, NC USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 06:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

does anyone know if the FEMA spec trailers have the (inverter?) and 12 volt systgem?

Alan, Donna & Savannah

Old Yeller Jim

NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/10 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine does. it's a gulfstream cavalier.

Kemahsabe

Kemah, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/10 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhillmanor wrote:

FEMA has TT's with out holding tanks?
So just how did they set these FEMA TT's up?

Did they drop them in a state of emergency situation and then PLUMB them to the exsisting house sewer system?

They were put on blocks and attached to the residential water, sewer and power systems. Wooden steps were installed to get up to the front door. They have a converter because they have the 12v RV lights.

In New Orleans they had separate sub-contractors to 1)Haul them to the site, 2)Set them on blocks, 3)Connect the plumbing, 4)Connect the power, and 5)Build and install the steps. Everybody was making good money, from what I heard.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Holding tanks for FEMA trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS