Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Corpus Christi RV park/campground recommendations?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Corpus Christi RV park/campground recommendations?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
alicatg

ingleside on the bay texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/10 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you need to look at parks in Port Aransas not Corpus Christi. By the way, Rockport is on Aransas Bay not the Gulf of Mexico. It is still a great place but not the ocean.
Mustang island state park is a long way from restaurants. My favorite Nueces Co. park is I.B. Magee Beach park in Port Aransas, it is a few blocks from downtown(tourist area), on the beach, close to the CC ship channel jetties so you can fish or just watch the ships, and clost to Horace Caldwell pier for fishing. This is the general area where the surfers hang out and are fun to watch.
Beaches are great in Port A and lots of good restaurants and things to do and see.
Pioneer RV park is very nice and has grass but RV's are close together. Take the trolly (25cent fare all over town) to town.
Best beach in my openion is Padre Island National Seashore but no Restaurants.
Matagorda is small comunity, not much to do but beachcombing and fishing but nice getaway, and actully on the Gulf of Mexico.
Lots of towns like Rockport, Aransas Pass, Portland, Port Lavaca, Palacos, Riviera, Port Mansfield that are on bays and have good RV facilities. Then there is allways South Padre Island.
No mater where you decide to go in the coastal bend of Texas, I think you will have a great time.
Good Luck
Larry

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/10 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will find that most parks near or on the beach will not have trees or grass. Saltwater, trees, and grass do not get along too good. There are plenty of places in Corpus, Rockport, Port Aransas, and Aransas pass.

towrig

United States

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/10 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 5er is at Raintree RV park in Rockport. I live 200 mi away in Edinburg, Tx and will be headed there in the morning for a few days. This park is usually full or near full. Nice relaxing place. I would call ahead.
Raintree
1924 W Terrace Blvd
Rockport, TX 78382
(361) 729-7005

There are many RV Parks in this area. This one is about 5 minutes from the beach and has grass and trees. I found this one and did a 'fly over' on Google. Really nice owners and campers.

2002 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel/Quad Cab/ Short Wheel Base
2004 Laredo 27RL 5er
3rd 5er, 5th truck but 1st diesel and love it

jbobst

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/10 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at spending a week in the Corpus Christi area from Christmas Eve to New Year day. I have been looking at the coastal area from Google maps satellite images, and looking up various RV parks, but I just do not know that area, and would like any recommendations from anyone who has camped in the area before. Here are some of my desired options:

-Beach within walking distance (I don't know what the ocean is like down there, but the satellite pictures sure make the ocean areas look different than most other beach locations I have been too...maybe it's because of all the shallow and sandy water?)

-Grass and trees, or at least some semblance of grass (vs. a parking lot type of place)

-Fairly close by to a restaurant or two

-Need at least 30 amp and water (sewer and 50 amp preferable).

The Mustang Island State park, Nueces County Park(s), and one called Matagorda Bay RV Park look interesting, but I would like opinions on them if possible.

Thanks!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Corpus Christi RV park/campground recommendations?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS