Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Autoslide by Hijacker or Pullright 5th Wheel Hitches
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Autoslide by Hijacker or Pullright 5th Wheel Hitches

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Greentreena

British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/11 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like my auto slide hijacker. I have had a few minor issuse that where fixed up quick. The company is good to deal with. The hitch is heavy! However, most important: my trailer has NEVER hit the cab of the truck, the hitch does exactly what it is supposed to do 100% of the time worry free.

PM me if you want more details about the hitch.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW Laramie - Big & Black
Full delete, Torque Technolgies programmer, Sinister EGR delete
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids and Murphy the dog

Vulcaneer

Central New Hampshire, Naples, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/11 05:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the SuperGlide. but when researching hitches, I wanted info on the Hijacker. They have poor representation in Eastern USA. No info anywhere. And they did not respond to my e-mails. But I like some of their features. So I think if you are in western Canada, or western USA, you will have much better support. I do think it is a good hitch. Better than the SuperGlide? I don't know. The SuperGlide is a great hitch too. Either one, You can't go wrong. If you are in western states, or Canada.

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL you Giggle and Poop.

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/11 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the superglide and I am very happy with it. No matter what your choice make sure you read the manual! I'm not sure about the Hijacker but the Superglide can not be taken past 90 degrees or damage will occure! I have never come close to that degree of turning but others have causing damage to the hitch and pinbox.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

moneypit14

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/11 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 18k Pullrite SuperGlide. Never had any major problems other than lock lever sticking closed. Called Pullrite and I had a replacement in 2 days. Also, when I bought a different truck they sent me the new hardware I requested in 2 days. I have had it pretty close to 90 degrees and backing up a hill. Only negative is that its a 2 man lift getting out. That can't be compared to the peace of mind it gives me pulling.

2009 Heartland Sundance 2998rb
2005 F250 Crew Cab,Diesel,4x4,Firestone 5000 Air Bags
18k Pullrite SuperGlide

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/11 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vulcaneer wrote:

I have the SuperGlide. but when researching hitches, I wanted info on the Hijacker. They have poor representation in Eastern USA. No info anywhere. And they did not respond to my e-mails. But I like some of their features. So I think if you are in western Canada, or western USA, you will have much better support. I do think it is a good hitch. Better than the SuperGlide? I don't know. The SuperGlide is a great hitch too. Either one, You can't go wrong. If you are in western states, or Canada.

18K superglide for me too. It is a quality product with quality american support. Also tried to get information and see one of the Hijacker units. Factory wasn't very helpful -nice and all but pushed me to their local dealer that had never even looked at the Autoslide model and only sold a couple regular models....they were actually pushing the Reese line-up at me even though I specifically asked about autosliders.

montanacummins

Western MA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/11 03:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another superglide fan. The hitch has preformed flawlessly. I can't say enough good things about it. Takes the stress away when camping. The hitch is heavy, but well worth it..

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW megacab 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, Pullrite Superglide 16K, P-3 controler, 2002 Keystone Montana 2880 RL,

ronday

Heuvelton, NY USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/11 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Pullrite Super glide, this is the third truck I have had it in. Very happy with it. Ron Day

2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver, disc brakes
2005 Sun-Lite 865 WS SB, truck camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)

Ductape

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/11 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Superglide is a great hitch, it's what we used when we had the SB truck. Personally I would always spend the extra to get an autoslider. No forgetting, and no stopping to manually slide in a crunch.
I could do a three-point turn and turn our short fiver around on a two lane road.

2014 Newmar 2903 towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler. Seeing the world.

sloopdog 1

Stanley,N. C.

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/11 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Superglide user here,hitch it and forget it.

2001 F250 7.3 supercab,Pullrite Superglide,2008 Copper Canyon FW339tsl

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Autoslide by Hijacker or Pullright 5th Wheel Hitches
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS