Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Salem Campers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Salem Campers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
bb2854

South

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/11 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just curious were the Salem campers are as far as quality. I found a used 2010 Salem that looks like a good deal just wondering anyone's experience good or bad with the Forest River Salem brand.

mudder1_2000

Chilliwack

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/11 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2008 Salem Edge. They are Definatly an entry level trailer. I do however like it and have had no major problems with it since new.

mike77leprechaun

Ishpeming, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/11 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well, they are entry level trailers but you get a ton for your money. My Salem has a ton more stuff on it than a base Jayco jayflight like the one I had Prior.

I have been more than satisfied!

Current Rig: 2011 Salem 29QBDS Towed with a 2010 GMC Sierra z71 Crew 1500 .

"You should really invest in a Diesel 1 ton to properly tow that popup"

Jerrybo66

AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/11 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I realize there's a few years difference between our toyhauler but I would never buy another Forest River trailer. From my experience if you get one made in Indiana you have a chance of getting a good coach but being so close to the border the quality of accessible labor in CA. is questionable. Being from AZ. ours was junk..... IMO...

Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500

mtkbuckeye

Clinton, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/11 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2005 that we bought used and was told that they were the only owners. Quite happy with the build quality as compared to other trailers we have looked at. We love the fact that we have 4 bunks in it for the kids.

2005 Salem
2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L 4x4 Diesel

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/11 06:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jerrybo66 wrote:

I realize there's a few years difference between our toyhauler but I would never buy another Forest River trailer. From my experience if you get one made in Indiana you have a chance of getting a good coach but being so close to the border the quality of accessible labor in CA. is questionable. Being from AZ. ours was junk..... IMO...
The ones built in Indiana seem to have a lot less problems. I have had good luck with Cherokee (another forest river product). I am looking at replacing my Sidekick with a Small Salem TH.

bb2854

South

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/11 08:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the reply's

L_R_G

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/11 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at them before I purchased another brand (mostly like the floorplan and fit/finish of the one we got better). They are entry level. The ones I looked at left a lot to be desired in fit/finish. But my cousin has one and is happy with it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Salem Campers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS