Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Open Range
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Open Range

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
PegLW

SW Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/12 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased a new 2012 Open Range 345RLS last year and have spent over 14 weeks in so far.. We're now in Florida in it for the next three months and are very happy with everything about our rig. The only thing we've had go wrong was a brake assembly that had to be replaced and that wasn't Open Range's fault. It was all covered under warranty including a couple of little things the dealer fixed at no charge, such as a closet latch I broke on our last trip out.

We visited the Open Range factory in September when we were in Shipshewanna, IN and were very impressed with the quality and attention to detail in their build line. They were very open in answering all questions and responsive to suggestions. We would buy an Open Range again but I don't think we'll need to replace this one for a long time.

Peg

Dave and Peggy
2012 Open Range 345RLS
2012 Ford F350 6.7L turbo

spadoctor

Clinton Corners, NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/12 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was at the factory on a tour in October. In general the build quality was typical. I like the fact they use a synthetic material under the fiberglass and not plywood...less delam problems. I did not like the 1/2 plywood floor or the cheap 4" "dryer vent" material used for the heat ducts instead of the normal residential style trunk line. there were 2 recent buyers on the tour and both were there having heating problems resolved...the ductwork was either crushed or cut as no heat to 2 vents. It was interesting to see 3 frames there that had repairs made by Lippert before they could use them...cross braces not welded on one side hanging loose...poor QC at Lippert

cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/12 11:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From our expreience with ours:

Design - Very Good (well thought out)
Build Quality - slightly above average
Customer Support - Just Great
Warranty - Very Good 2 Year (one year, one season warranties are very limiting)

Would I buy again - Yes
Reccomend to a friend - Yes

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/12 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I question their customer service. I sent them an inquiry around a week ago and never received a response.

Jeannie

Dandy Dan

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/12 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are starting our 4th year with our OR and have had quite good luck with it. It was a 2009 purchased in 2008 and was the 162 unit they built. At first they had problems with some of the exterior skin and also the slides. Slide frames had been outsourced and were made crooked. We had a delam problem in the rear skin on ours. Took it to the factory and they competely changed out the back panel. You will not have this problem as they now use a fiberglass rear as they have always done on the front. While there they went through the unit and checked things out they we had not even noticed. One of the slide seals had got a tear in it and they replaced it. I can't say enough good about the customer service of this company. There was been a post they someone called the company and did not get a response. Either they did not get the right department or something went wrong as I had e-mailed them and got good response from the company. The 2 that I have dealt with are Dave Holland and John Woodcox. Dave was the Warranty Dept head. Rob the Service Tech was extremely thorough and very cordial.
Would I buy another one----Absolutely.
Good Luck in your search.

dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 (the rescue) Sarah (the rescue)
and Beau (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2005 Dodge QuadCab 2500 4x4 Hemi
2009 Open Range 337RLS
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/12 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dandy Dan wrote:

... There was been a post they someone called the company and did not get a response. Either they did not get the right department or something went wrong as I had e-mailed them and got good response from the company...

That would be me. I used the CONTACT US form on their website. Even if I selected the wrong department, my inquiry should have been forwarded to the correct one.

Vulcaneer

Central New Hampshire, Naples, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/12 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

That would be me. I used the CONTACT US form on their website. Even if I selected the wrong department, my inquiry should have been forwarded to the correct one.

I have used the "contact us" on their website 3 times. Twice got a return and once did not. I agree they sometimes don't respond to that link well. But calling their customer service has always been very successful. And if I NEED a response, I'd rather call than send an e-mail, anyway. But will use e-mail contact us, if I can wait for an answer. If I don't get one I'll call them.

There customer service is very good overall.

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Confusion is a prerequisite to enlightenment.
Enlightenment is a prerequisite to revelation.
Revelation without action makes no difference.

rgreengas

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/12 05:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I purchased an Open Range Roamer RF 316RLS last May and we love it. It has lots of features that are extras on most other trailers. Ours has a 4 point leveling system (most other models of OR have a full automatic leveling system but the Roamer is an entry level model so while it has 4 point electronic leveling you have to push the buttons yourself for front and back and side to side versus the fully automatic system with its one button operation) 50amp service, wired for 2nd AC, Heat Pump, dual pane windows, and lots more. It is just a great unit. As for working with the company, they have been fantastic! Check out the owners forum at: http://www.openrangeowners.com/ for lots of great info.

Mahalo

Ronn

sure2rain

Sunbury, PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2010 385RLS 5er. I have probably >80 use days over the last 2 camping seasons. Only some minor, typical problems found with many new units. Completely happy with the unit. My dealer has been very good and I can't say enough about them (Lerch RV in PA). I have contacted OR directly to ask a few questions and their customer service has been very responsive. Overall, my opinion is that OR's are well constructed with above average amenities for the price.

TV: 05 Chevy 2500 8.1L
5er: 2010 Open Range 385RLS
Hensley Arrow and P3

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Open Range
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS