Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GOOD SAM DELUXE ? Changes?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> GOOD SAM DELUXE ? Changes?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Only True Mosnowman

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 03:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Received a Good Sam Deluxe card today informing me of the merging of Good Sam and Presidents Club...

My question and concern.....with the old Good Sam card didn't it include Emergency Roadside Service? Now it is separate and cost $79 for the basic membership. I may be mistaken but I am skeptical with the new program and was wondering if anyone has looked more closely at the changes? I'm not sure what I am getting for the membership considering I am a weekend at the lake camper and seldom travel more than a couple of times a year. Is it worth it and why?

past-MIdirector

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's all part of the merger of Good Sam and Camping World with more changes to come. The ERS was never part of the initial membership but you had to be a member to purchase the service. What I have seen so far in the changes it has all been improvements. If you go to the Good Sam website and click on benefits you'll find a lot more listed.

grandpalarry

Fulltime

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got the CampingWorld e-mail this morning and there is an add from GoodSam you can open, when you get to reading the GS ad it combines GS and CW, which in it'sself in not a new relationship but now there is a discount for Pilot/Flying-J in the mix.
If you sign up (renew) your GS Deluxe membership, you get all these other goodies.

I don’t need anger management-I just need people to stop pissing me off.
Vancouver, WA
2006 Holiday Rambler DP

othertonka

Stockton, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with the others, the road service was never included with just a Good Sam Club Membership, but you have/had to belong to the Good Sam club in order to buy the road service. And it used to be that if you wanted the Camping world presidents club, that too was a seperate cost. Now as I understand it if you belong the the Good Sam club, you also get the CW presidents club thrown in. Good deal, I Think. But remember if you want the road service it is extra.

Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

Only True Mosnowman

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 06:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the quick replies! I am a newbie that had both Good Sam and Presidents Club...

Ka Ron

Kelowna

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/12 03:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The old Good Sam card never included roadside assistance.
Roadside assistance was always an extra.
You just got a discount if you had a Good Sam card

Join Us For A Trip Down The RV Highway

Tonijim

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/12 10:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also received the new upgrade email. When I went on-line to register for the new Pilot/Flying J card, I found that they required my Social Security number (also my wife's) as a condition. When I called, I was informed that a credit check was required for the card's $1,000 line. I don't give that information out on-line or on the phone without a compelling reason. I guess that means I won't be getting the Pilot/J card and they won't be getting my business.

Am I the only one who feels this is a really slippery slope for Good Sam to require in order for us to use a card for a $.04/gallon break?

Comments (MR LEONIS TAKE NOTE), please!

Jim

othertonka

Stockton, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I replied above but since then I received an E mail from Good Sam stating that since I have been a member of both good sam and the Presidents club for many years, they are upgrading me to the DELUXE at no extra charge, card is in the mail and will be good for both GS and CW. I am happy with their decision

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

othertonka wrote:

I agree with the others, the road service was never included with just a Good Sam Club Membership, but you have/had to belong to the Good Sam club in order to buy the road service. And it used to be that if you wanted the Camping world presidents club, that too was a seperate cost. Now as I understand it if you belong the the Good Sam club, you also get the CW presidents club thrown in. Good deal, I Think. But remember if you want the road service it is extra.

You never had to be a Good Sam member to get their Roadside Service, but GS members get a discount.

PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/12 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it's great. We have been Good Sam members for years but never President's Club members of Camping World. Living in the Montreal area, we only get to a Camping World store about once a year or sometimes at their tent at NASCAR races so paying for a President's Club membership wasn't practical. Now at least we'll get some benefit of the GS discount when we do hit a store.

Eric
2009 Holiday Rambler Admiral 33SFS (34' 3")
2014 Enterra 314RES (Cruiser RV) TT, Honda 2000 Genny
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Short Bed, 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed auto, 4x4, Line-X
FQCC/Camping Quebec, KOA, Good Sam

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> GOOD SAM DELUXE ? Changes?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS