Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Want to install Backup monitor Winnebago Minnie
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Want to install Backup monitor Winnebago Minnie

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
CherylandJim

Punta Gorda, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/12 05:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just purchased a 2004 Winnebago Minnie. I would like to add a backup camera/monitor. This unit has a spot at the top rear with "plugged" holes for the camera. Has anyone tried to fish wires through the ceiling on this model? I found a Winnebago PDF wiring diagram that shows that the wiring for the camera is part of the vehicle wiring harness. Not sure if this is true. Other post suggest running the wires inside rv - through cabinets and/or using a surface wire chase.

GrumpyandGrandma

CIncinnati, OH

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would "E" mail Winnebago and see that they tell you,include the serial #

Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

dicknellen

Fallon Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the Minnie, I think 2005 it was pre-wired. also go to winnebagoind.com and do a second owner registration.

NewsW

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/12 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are all prewired for wireless!

gearhead143

Salem, Or.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/12 11:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2004 Minnie 27P, and found that mine is pre-wired for all the options that are in the wiring diagram. I to have wanted to install a backup system, and last winter checked to see if they installed the harness's and yes they were there. Money has been a little tight for this option this year as per the wife LOL, but is on the list to be installed this winter.

Hope this helps.

Shelby

2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 27P
1973 StarCraft 18ft Holiday
2013 Toyota Highlander
1997 Dakota 4X4 392 cid SC Small block

CherylandJim

Punta Gorda, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/12 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all your responses. I have now registered as a second owner at winnebagoind.com and found additional wiring diagrams. The diagram for my unit does not show wiring for camera so I emailed tech support. Will advise response.

gearhead143 - How did you determine yours was prewired? Behind headliner or those "plugged" holes in the camera location.

gearhead143

Salem, Or.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/12 11:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry I missed this. I had it in the shop resealing the roof last winter and was just itching to see if the harness was there so I spent a night and pulled down the head liner and there is was. I figured since the cab harness was there the camera harness had to be there. If I have time this weekend I will pull the plug and see if the rear harness is there.

Shelby

TimL

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/12 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might find the cable by removing the center overhead rear marker light. I believe that's where they are on the Minnies. Once you find it, let us know what it looks like -- or better yet, post a photo. The specifics of the cable will dictate your camera/monitor options.

Tim, Nita, Natalie (11 yrs), and Claire (8 yrs)
35-foot '91 Holiday Rambler 1000
F-53 with Mor-Ryde Tag Axle and Mor-Ryde Front Suspension Kit
1990 Mustang (5.0) Toad

travisc

Pacific NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/12 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our 2008 I found the wiring underneath the back where it went up the back wall- in ours- the wiring was underneath the shelf over the rear bed we have the 24' model with the rear bed/bath- originally I pulled the light down- but in the end I popped up the bottom panel inside the rear storage shelf to to it- adding the backup camera was one of the best things I could have done.

Winnebago Access 24V

charlesvalentine

Austin, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/12 04:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not sure why you would need wire. My backup camera is wireless and works great. It has a 7" screen, hung on the visor and the camera is just screwed into the back of the coach. You just have to power each end, but since there is 12v in the back of the coach you can just splice into that.

Either way, I highly recommend a backup camera. It will make you look like a pro backing into spots at campgrounds I get comments all the time about how easy I make it look. It's all about the camera.

2003 31' Gulfstream Independence - We love to RV with our 4 children, ages ranging from 6-15

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Want to install Backup monitor Winnebago Minnie
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS