Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Kirkland tuna at Costco warehouse what does it cost
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Kirkland tuna at Costco warehouse what does it cost

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do not see a savings in going to a Sams Club. It is just the two of us, no pets to buy food for, it takes us forever to use up a gallon jar of mustard and such. We have a Family Dollar, Dollar General and Freds store here in town for paper goods, cleaning supplies and such. I have to drive 30 miles one way to the Sams Club. A previous employer paid for my Sams Club Card and we renewed it for a couple of years after I left the company, but going just once or twice a year was not worth it to us. Usually, what we bought, we ended up giving half of it to the kids and their families, so WE were not saving any money...........

Dave & Pat
1999 Wanderer 230FB
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, trying to make it to retirement"

houtrz

Lake Jackson Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you apply for the Costco American Express card, your membership is free however yiu will have to pay an annual credit card fee. I think it's $50 or $59. It was the exact same price as a Costco membership so it was a wash plus every Fedruary you get a rebate check you can either cash at Costco or use as a credit towards purchases.

JRS & B

Florida/Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our renewal at Sam's Club was $40, as I recall. We have a Sam's very close by.

I think in general, a person has to shop at one of these places enough to spend about $800 or so per year just to break even. If I spend $800 and save 5%, I have got my $40 back.

On the other hand, we bought a television set at Sam's Club just before Black Friday and saved a couple hundred dollars.

It was one of those really, really rare instances where Sam's Club reduced prices an additional amount to beat the competition. No one ever had that TV on sale at that low of a price - ever. After the weekend, the price went back up by $200 at Sam's Club. At Sears the price was almost double (on sale??) But TV's were flying out of that store on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Keep it in mind if you need a TV, while you are picking up some Member's Mark Tuna Fish.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 09:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kirkland tuna is actually made by Bumble Bee.It is a higher quality than Bumble Bees' own brand. Go figure.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

dave17352

LINCOLN, NE

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

Kirkland tuna is actually made by Bumble Bee.It is a higher quality than Bumble Bees' own brand. Go figure.

Yes have read that also

2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2011 CHEVY 3500 SRW Duramax
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
50 gal aux tank
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Mocoondo

Chicago, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/12 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unrelated, but one thing about buying TV's at Costco is that they will automatically double the manufacturer's warranty at no additional cost to the buyer.

I bought my 60" flat screen there which came with a one year warranty and got the second year free. Knock on wood, I haven't had to use it, but it's nice having that peace of mind.

They are also *very* good about returning anything you buy there, regardless of when you bought it and what condition it is in. I've never had any issues returning anything there at all.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Kirkland tuna at Costco warehouse what does it cost
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS