Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camping World Accessories: Them against Us.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Them against Us.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
AMZBRADY

Ocean Shores

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/12 10:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be carefull with GoodSam and Camping world. Heres a small list of problems I have had. My wife and I went to camping world to get a tow bar installed on our Jeep Liberty they got us in late meaning they got us out late. The Tech briefly explained how to hook up the tow bar and sent us on our way. I figured I would do some research online for the answers to my questions, I washed the jeep and gashed my hand on a rivet they left the stub in actually 3 of them, then I really started looking at the install, most of the factory screws were missing,they hacked up our front bumper, and the connection was loose. I started hearing a noise in the front end and went to the local mechanic, he found the whole tow bar was loose, nothing had been tightened down. I wound up going back to Camping world 3 times to try to get this corrected. 2 times making the 4 hour drive to FIFE, WA, and then 1 time to BURLINGTON, WA which is another 2 hours away, because 1 time involved the service mechanic at the FIFE location screaming at me saying they werent going to fix anything after the manager told me to come in to get it fixed, so we left and had to rechedule. be sure to keep reciepts, they deny touching the brake system they installed which hasnt worked since they installed it. I have to have someone else fix that.

Be carefull when a worker gets you some silicone to seal your roof, I asked for 4 tubes they got me 2 white and 2 tan, that sucks when your in the middle of a repair and 4 hours from the store.

Be carefull of the 12volt accessory outlets they sell, they come loose and twist from the wieght of the cord and can blow the wall lights in your bedroom (if thats what you connect it into, so your CPAP machine will work when your dry camping).

Watch out for the extended warranty that Good Sams sells, The same jeep that we purchased two years prior to the warranty, and had a set of tires on it the owners manual recommended but not the size that was on it from the factory. My wife was 2 weeks without a vehicle while I had to contact everyone but God to get the claim approved. buyer beware.

I dont know about anyone else, but I would think it would be smarter to do things right the first time, and spend the time with people to make sure they are satisfied. But that just me.

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/12 11:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AMZBRADY wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I would think it would be smarter to do things right the first time, and spend the time with people to make sure they are satisfied. But that just me.
welcome to the dark world of Camping World. Marcus Lemonis, the CEO, appears to be trying to straighten the company out, only to have his management people fight him every step of the way. Every step forward Marcus makes, his management teams pushes him back 2. I wonder how long it will take him to see what we, the customers see..

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/12 11:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's see, you drove over an hour to Camping World for service, right?

Has the service place, right there in your town changed hands lately? It used to be one of the best RV service places in the region.

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 04:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AMZBRADY wrote:

Watch out for the extended warranty that Good Sams sells, The same jeep that we purchased two years prior to the warranty, and had a set of tires on it the owners manual recommended but not the size that was on it from the factory. My wife was 2 weeks without a vehicle while I had to contact everyone but God to get the claim approved. buyer beware.

I understand the part about sloppy work and very poor service but, can you explain the paragraph about the tires?
I don't understand what you are saying.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 04:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wondered about the tires too.And makes the rest of the post suspect. And never leave until things are checked out to your satisfaction.
And 3 trips to get bolts tightened?

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But at least you got to spend a day in beautiful downtown Fife!

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think if you had that many problems with them, you'd be finding some place else to get work done

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

chiefneon

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/12 11:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

Well at lease you got them to work on it. We were parked over night behind the Camping World in a RV park in Anthony, TX just west of El Paso. When we got ready to leave the next morning I could not get one of the slide on our 5er to come in. I was able to retract it manuelly. Pull it up to Camping World and asked if they could help. First response was they were busy and it would be over a month to work use in. When I advised them we were fulltimers their reply was and I quote "You didn't buy it here and we don't want to work on it". I have not darken the doors of a Camping World since.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

* This post was edited 09/27/12 03:37pm by chiefneon *

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No offense, but the way you titled this topic and the continuing use of "Be careful", it sounds like you are not trying to make Marcus or Camping World aware of problems/issues you had, but more like a public attack on them.

Quote:

What claim? What did it have to do with tires that came on your jeep and whether they are what came from the factory or what your owner manual states? What does it have to do with an extended warranty with Good Sam?

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Good Sam Care Team

Denver

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/12 07:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello 'AMZBRADY',

I have sent you a PM requesting your membership information so that we can quickly address these issues with Camping World and Extended Service Plan. We appreciate your letting us know about these issues and our apologies for the difficulty you encountered.

Thanks again and I look forward to resolving these issues for you soon.

Jeral H.
Marcus's Rapid Response Team
goodsamcs@goodsamfamily.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Them against Us.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS