Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Pine Mountain RV Park, Pigeon Forge, TN
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pine Mountain RV Park, Pigeon Forge, TN

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
eluwak

Orlando, FL, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been anxious to get out and get in the trailer again since turkey day, but schedules haven't worked out... Until now (or soon anyway)

We just booked a slot a Pine Mountain RV Park in Pigeon Forge, TN for a couple of nights mid-February. We'll be taking my dog camping for the first time to see how she does. We stayed at Jellystone last Labor Day and liked the area, but this place looks pretty nice! Hope to get out and see a few more attractions and just relax for a couple of nights.

Looks like the best route in there is to take route 66 south from I40... Is that correct?

Weather shouldn't be too bad at this rate.

1998 Chevy C2500 Suburban 454 3.73
2012 Ford F-150 EB CC 4x4 w/Max Tow (Sold)
2013 North Trail 28BRS

Phil & Stephie

Sevierville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hwy 66 be your best route, traffic shouldn't be a problem this time of year. Pine Mtn is a beautiful park, enjoy your stay in "action packed" Pigeon Forge.

Phil & Stephanie Grey
"Partners In Life"
2003 Dutch Star 4050 "Mayberry"
2007 Chevy HHR
Spartan Chassis/Brakemaster/Blue Ox/Pressure Pro
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

Happy Camper2003

Upstate South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't forget you have priviledges at the hotel across the street. The have an indoor pool and lazy river if that intrest's you.

2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Ext.cab Duramax\Allison
2009 Sabre 31 BHDS
Me, DW, and 19 yr. DS who still loves to camp!

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you go in during the week, you should be okay, but weekends are still pretty busy. If you would like a back way in, PM me. We love Pine Mountain.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/13 01:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have google maps on your phone? If you do, you can look at "traffic" on there to see if it's already "piled up" on 66. It is unbelievable that so many people are trying to get in there at the same time. It's hard to say if it will be bad then or not, but I will PM you some alternate routes, just in case.

The indoor pool a Mainstay Suites is great. The only thing you do is walk across the little road between the campground and the hotel, check in at the front desk and then go swim. Make sure you go back by the front desk and tell them you are finished. It's GREAT and convenient.

eluwak

Orlando, FL, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 09:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We should be pulling in around checkin time (2pm) on a Friday, so hopefully the traffic won't be too bad yet (is that a safe bet?). When we were there on Labor Day the traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg was unbelievable! I'm glad we didn't pull the trailer through them then.

Happy Camper2003 wrote:

Don't forget you have priviledges at the hotel across the street. The have an indoor pool and lazy river if that intrest's you.

I didn't know about that yet... Thanks!

love2rvcamp

Close enough to Atlanta to hate the traffic

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/13 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of my favorite parks and the only one we stay at when we visit the Smokies.

Have fun.

Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/13 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try to get a site backing up to the creek, They are nice. Will

eluwak

Orlando, FL, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/13 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made it out to Pine Mountain RV Park this weekend and had a good time. The main purpose of the trip was to see a couple of things we missed when we were out there Labor Day weekend, check out some weight shifting I did, and to see how well my dog would handle the car ride and staying in the camper with us.

The RV park is a few years old now, but looks like they just opened still. The restrooms and shower facilities were very clean and nicely organized. The location is far enough off the main drag to not hear any of that noise, but close enough to have easy access to all of the restaraunts and attractions. Our slot placed us along the stream that runs behind the park, which provided a nice relaxing sound. Not too many other RVers were there, maybe a dozen or a little more.

There was also some local wildlife standing by in case you dropped some bread or something.

The boys had a good time. It snowed a little while we were there, but only enough for a light dusting in areas. The heater worked pretty well again, however, I did learn that I shouldn't trust the guages on the propane tanks... First thing Saturday morning I had to run out and get one filled up while the other one ran out The dog fit in the camper well too. unfortunately her cage does not, so we need to find another solution.

Here we are heading home this morning... Back to the rat race

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pine Mountain RV Park, Pigeon Forge, TN
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS