Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coast to coast or Thousand Trails
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Coast to coast or Thousand Trails

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
jrtgirls

Garner, NC USA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/04/2003

View Profile






Posted: 05/25/13 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know this has probably been discussed but which is the better value --Coast to Coast or. Thousand Trail.

If you are a member of one or both- pros & cons.

Thanks


Happy Trails!!
jrtgirls

BarbaraOK

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 10/27/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/25/13 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jrtgirls wrote:

I know this has probably been discussed but which is the better value --Coast to Coast or. Thousand Trail.

If you are a member of one or both- pros & cons.

Thanks


First, you can't join Coast-2-Coast without first joining a 'home park'. Coast-2-Coast is an Affiliate membership, not a primary one. Thousand Trails is a primary membership.

I have a page on our blog about Membership Parks that will give you some of the terms, etc., to help you decide if this is right for you.

I would suggest that you might try a Thousand Trails zone pass for a year if there are several of their parks in your area that you might like to try. See if you like it and then decide. If you decide to go with Thousand Trails (or any other primary park or park system) look for used ones, will save you money.

Barb


Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Traveling catpanion Shadow (age 17)
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS)
Mischief
(2004 Subaru Forester Toad)
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog


samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

Senior Member

Joined: 08/06/2002

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 05/25/13 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would go with TT. Buy the zone pass for one year then walk away if you don't like it. We have been members for over 30 years


samsontdog

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/25/13 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

See the "Both" response.

less coast to coast is doing something different you must have a "Home Park" before you can C2C. Thousand Trails is a home park.

Although I do not know if TT members qualify for C2C at this time. You will need to confirm.. Equient LIfestyles has made some changes in TT parks that have caused them to be dropped by some exchange programs. Since I do not use exchanges at this time, I do not know.

(C2C is an exchange program.. Your home park members can use other C2C parks, and members of other C2C parks can use your home park in exchange).


Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377


Blaster Man

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/01/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/25/13 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read ALL the fine print. We joined TT, but let it expire. They have gone to letting lots of members use spaces on an annual basis, so when we got to a park all the good spaces were taken by empty RVs being stored awaiting their owners.

Sully2

Cincinnati

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/26/13 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blaster Man wrote:

Read ALL the fine print. We joined TT, but let it expire. They have gone to letting lots of members use spaces on an annual basis, so when we got to a park all the good spaces were taken by empty RVs being stored awaiting their owners.


OOOHHHHH!! You too huh? They pulled the same thing on me and I told them in no uncertain terms where they could stuff their copy of the contract.


2000 Country Coach Allure; Cummins ISC 330 HP; 71/2 - 8 MPG regardless
2002 Jeep Liberty


BarbaraOK

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 10/27/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/26/13 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sully2 wrote:



The best thing to do is NOT to join ANYTHING that includes either of them!


And yet, if we had done what you suggest, we would be paying thousands of dollars more each year. That it might not work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people. You just have to be traveling in areas where there are numerous parks to choose from and USE them.

Barb

TOOBOLD

CALI

Senior Member

Joined: 07/08/2004

View Profile



Posted: 05/26/13 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once you have a home park can you join Coast 2 Coast at any time or at purchase only?

B's Bunch

Shelbyville, TN. USA Why live any where else?

Senior Member

Joined: 10/31/2003

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 05/26/13 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sully2 wrote:

Blaster Man wrote:

Read ALL the fine print. We joined TT, but let it expire. They have gone to letting lots of members use spaces on an annual basis, so when we got to a park all the good spaces were taken by empty RVs being stored awaiting their owners.


OOOHHHHH!! You too huh? They pulled the same thing on me and I told them in no uncertain terms where they could stuff their copy of the contract.

so did they stuff it up theirs or yours?? Inquiring mind wishing to know. Larry


Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T The Double Wide

mowermech

Billings, MT

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/26/13 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarbaraOK wrote:

Sully2 wrote:



The best thing to do is NOT to join ANYTHING that includes either of them!


And yet, if we had done what you suggest, we would be paying thousands of dollars more each year. That it might not work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people. You just have to be traveling in areas where there are numerous parks to choose from and USE them.

Barb


THERE is the key to the whole idea of memberships: If you don't or can't use the "benefits", having the membership is completely useless!
That is why I don't belong to any of them. Even for the three years that we were full-timers, spending 13 weeks minimum in one place, the memberships (including Good Sam) were pretty much useless, so we didn't join any, and allowed Good Sam to lapse. Being retired military gets me the same discounts anyway, quite often.


CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Toad 1: '06 PT Cruiser, Kar Kaddy dolly
Toy (and Toad 2): 2001 Dodge QC SWB, 360 Magnum, Auto, 4X4
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Coast to coast or Thousand Trails
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS