Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Brake Buddy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Brake Buddy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
yrusoslo

Myrtle Beach, SC

Full Member

Joined: 06/05/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/16/13 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the Class A MH. Does anyone have the Brake Buddy Stealth System installed in their MH to Dingy. How is it, Pro's & Con's, etc. Thanks.

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

Senior Member

Joined: 02/18/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/16/13 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yrusoslo wrote:

To the Class A MH. Does anyone have the Brake Buddy Stealth System installed in their MH to Dingy. How is it, Pro's & Con's, etc. Thanks.


Yup, have one of the original metal box BB's (13+ years old). Easy to install/remove in IMHO. I installed a separate 12v outlet for power directly from the battery. This has it's own fuse. My BB has saved our butt several times in emergency stops. It is set to apply the toad brakes in a hard stop and works as advertized.

Daveinet

il

Senior Member

Joined: 10/29/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/16/13 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a particular affinity toward that brand or type of system? Most of us who use ReadyBrute Elite towbar with integrated ReadyBrake have come to the conclusion that everything else is Rube Goldberg. Its a very simple design that works very well, and is much less prone to malfunction than any other type system.
http://www.readybrake.com/


Dave

The Flying Fortress
FMCA F298817
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
6% grade = wanna drag?
MISC photos
Revconeers Forum


hottubkid

SCHAUMBURG,IL

Senior Member

Joined: 12/29/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/16/13 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daveinet wrote:

Do you have a particular affinity toward that brand or type of system? Most of us who use ReadyBrute Elite towbar with integrated ReadyBrake have come to the conclusion that everything else is Rube Goldberg. Its a very simple design that works very well, and is much less prone to malfunction than any other type system.
http://www.readybrake.com/


But can you move it from car to car


hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV


Daveinet

il

Senior Member

Joined: 10/29/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/16/13 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hottubkid wrote:

But can you move it from car to car
For the price of a BB, I could install the cable in 10 different cars, and still come out cheaper. - so the effective answer is yes.

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

Senior Member

Joined: 02/18/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/17/13 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daveinet wrote:

hottubkid wrote:

But can you move it from car to car
For the price of a BB, I could install the cable in 10 different cars, and still come out cheaper. - so the effective answer is yes.


"Each to his own......"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Brake Buddy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS