cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,364 REPLIES 8,364

dwe
Explorer
Explorer

I have 1974Dodgeb-300.[sportsman?]BROGHAM,w/360ci.engine.I'm in need of 8.75x16.5 tires any suggestions ,suppliers?

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III

Happy to see the * How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's? * has survived the revampiring of the forums

Ballenxj
Explorer
Explorer
At any rate, thanks for reviving this old thread.
Hope to hear from some of the members I remember. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Downsizing ๐Ÿ™‚

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi
Perhaps maybe I should look further but I cannot find any info on your space master toilet.

Nonzillas
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
I donโ€™t own a dodge based rv. I do own a Me Too camper and I am having trouble finding parts for my Space Master toilet. Do you have any recommendations for maybe even purchasing the toilet?

Ballenxj
Explorer
Explorer
Good to see life in this topic once again. ๐Ÿ™‚
Downsizing ๐Ÿ™‚

Griff_in_Fairba
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, I'm on Facebook now ... Michael D. Griffin with a Canada lynx face for an avatar.
1970 Explorer Class A on a 1969 Dodge M300 chassis with 318 cu. in. (split year)
1972 Executive Class A on a Dodge M375 chassis with 413 cu. in.
1973 Explorer Class A on a Dodge RM350 (R4) chassis with 318 engine & tranny from 1970 Explorer Class A

Griff_in_Fairba
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still here. Doing better since the five-way bypass surgery.

However, having to rebuild my computer system because the old system got fried by an EMP. (CPU, DSL modem, home router, and surge protector ... all toasted boat anchors now.)
1970 Explorer Class A on a 1969 Dodge M300 chassis with 318 cu. in. (split year)
1972 Executive Class A on a Dodge M375 chassis with 413 cu. in.
1973 Explorer Class A on a Dodge RM350 (R4) chassis with 318 engine & tranny from 1970 Explorer Class A

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Griff in Fairbanks wrote:
Ballenxj wrote:
Monashees British Columbia, best not to worry what others think about you. Live life for yourself. I too miss the chatter here, and often wonder how Griff in Faibanks is doing.
The last vehicle that would vaguely fit here was a Dodge 3/4 ton van that I sold last year, but the chatter was fun. :C

I'm still here. A second heart attack, frequent bouts of angina, five-way bypass surgery, and the pandemic have kinda put a crimp in my life. Doing a lot better now, except I still need hip replacement surgery.

Hoping your still doing well Giff. Your a wealth of old Dodge information.

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ballenxj wrote:
Monashees British Columbia, best not to worry what others think about you. Live life for yourself. I too miss the chatter here, and often wonder how Griff in Faibanks is doing.
The last vehicle that would vaguely fit here was a Dodge 3/4 ton van that I sold last year, but the chatter was fun. :C

Hi and thanks. Living through the kaos better now.
I don't get on here anymore like I did at one time. I forgotten I even posted this thread. Take care.

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
StingrayL82 wrote:
my440 wrote:
Hi,miss all the old Dodge motorhome talk on here.

Funny I used to feel proud to drive my old Dodge motorhome through town. People would look and admire.
Now they look and see me as an old vagrant living in an old motorhome.
Things have changed and so quickly.
Is it just me?

It's not you. Times are different, and it's a combination of a lot of things....Covid, Antifa, BLM, Biden, Trudeau have polarized people to the point where I've noticed a massive lack of civility and kindness.

I had a widowmaker heart attack this past November and checked out for two minutes. Then Brooke was in the hospital with Covid pneumonia for a week. Then I got it. We both decided that life is too short, so she sold the business and we decided that our Monaco wasn't big enough, so it's up for sale, and we bought a 2005 Monaco LaPalma. 8.1L Vortec, Allison 2100MH, true dual exhaust and three slide-outs. I spent the last couple of weeks tidying the inside up and replacing what needed to be replaced, and now it's at Camping World getting all of the fluids flushed and filters replaced.

So, if anyone knows of someone who would like to buy our 1976 Monaco, it's ready to go, perfect for that young couple that want to see what life has to offer.

So sorry I honestly just forgot I posted this and seen it pop up today while browsing. Hoping yous are enjoying your new rig, health has returned and great adventures ahead. I have caught up and accepted the sudden different times and will stick to my times. Thanks and take care.

Ballenxj
Explorer
Explorer
Good to see some life in this old thread.
Anybody heard from Griff in Fairbanks?
Downsizing ๐Ÿ™‚

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was able to get mine rebuilt by Tristar

Their website has a note as of March 2022 that they are not accepting jobs due to a backlog, but it's worth checking with them. They were affordable, quick, and I never had a problem with the sending unit since.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

jschenzel
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever locate a fuel sending unit? I have the exact same issue and am struggling locating one for my 1977 Shasta Dodge Sportsman 360.

Jason

Ashton1012 wrote:
Whats up everyone. I have a 1977 Dodge Sportsman RV with the 360. Bought her for 750$ and drove her to a friends house where it sat for a year. In august I finally had the money to fix her up for the roughly 500 mile drive home. So far shes had...
New tires (8.5 x 16.5) all around plus matching spare
Spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
Thermostat
Oil and filter
Radiator flushed and filled
Exhaust manifold gaskets
PCV valve
Air filter

Im sure im missing some stuff, i spent about two days working on her before I was confident to drive home.

Somethings Im currently working on;

Just replaced the fuel pump
Gas tank is currently out and has been cleaned. Ordering a new fuel sending unit and need to find a new tank bolt/plug then Ill reinstall the tank.

This Spring before I take her on some adventures;

Valve cover gaskets
Maybe the intake manifold gaskets, Still undetermined at this point. Once I get the valve covers and carburetor off Ill take a look to see if there are any leaks.
Carburetor rebuild
Transmission flush and filter replaced
The radiator has a small pinhole leak on the very top, easily accessible should be a quick fix.
Gauges do not work. I replaced the relay which cost me about 50$ (non returnable because it was an electronic part) and did not fix the problem. This stresses me out obviously as I don't know my operating temp or my oil pressure.
Exhaust needs to be replaced. There is a leak where the manifold attaches to the pipe, and the muffler has a bunch of holes drilled in it from the previous owner. I plan on replacing with dual exhaust, hopefully opening up a little bit of power.

Somethings I need help with!!

I cant find a matching fuel sending unit. Anyone know where to get one?

I have an issue with my drivers side duelly. The tires do not bolt on straight, and look extremely wobbly driving down the road. I took it back to the shop where they said they fixed the problem, about 45 minutes later another driver began flashing their brights until I pulled over, and they told me it is very apparent. By this time I was almost an hour away from the first shop, and had another 45 minute drive to the next. So I went to les schwab in the next city. Guy came out and tried to line them up, but said it would be impossible because my rims are supposed to have spacers and without them there is no way to line up the duelly. I do not believe that is the problem, because I had no issues before the new tires (same rims) were installed. I also dont have this issue on the passenger side, that does not have the spacers he was talking about either. I ended up driving the RV home and did not have issues, but Id rather not ruin my new tires this season so I need to address the issue. Anyone have advice?

Eventually Id like to rebuild the suspension, but I'm not sure where to look for parts. Do I just search for suspension parts for a B300?

Thank You!!