Fire Hazard Appliance Recalls Updated 2/13/2010

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 REPLIES 3

jorn
Explorer
Explorer
Link in OP for Dometic is dead. Here's one for the RM 2652.
'16 Chaparral 360IBL & '16 Ram 2500 Cummins

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
The Indiana Attorney General has a reputation of being a go getter when it comes to consumer affairs.

Tim_from_Alabam
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic recall doesn't fix the issue, and doesn't cover the problem after it happens. They refuse to repair or replace the unit when it starts leaking, even though their recall is supose to address this issue and is the reason for the recall itself.

I suggest anyone who has a leaking, or had a leaking refer from this problem with their poor design, to contact the Better Business Bureau. They will refer you to the state of Indiana where Dometic is located here in the US.

Also, file a complaint with your state and the state of Indiana Attorney General's Office about this. They may help, as well.

It may not do any good at all, but, at least you are trying. And, maybe if enough of us with the problem file complaints, the company will have no other choice in the matter than to repair or replace these units.

So, file complaints like I did. The more the better.

ps...thanks mod for keeping this active so others can find out more and ways to help get their problems with this settled, if we can.

Tim
If I don't meet your expectations
Maybe you should lower your standards.