Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roadtrek armoire cabinet
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek armoire cabinet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
mmckell

Central Coast CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/10 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone know where an RT armoire (to replace 3rd seat)can be purchased? Also, how complicated is the install? (Do you have to take the box that's under the seat out? How do you install the cabinet? Is it possible to keep switching them out?)

Thanks!

Mimi

Book

St. Petersburg Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/10 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Box under chair remains and is still useful for some storage.....easy to install, though I watched dealer do so.....I got mine from ROADTREK, after I purchaced my unit.....Love having the armoire!

Dealer in Florida sells custom furniture for Roadtreks as well. I believe in Winter Haven but not sure about that

in Canada http://www.mobilife.on.ca/classbvans.html

The Book

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/10 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can get them through a Roadtrek dealer or get a very similar (actually Roadtrek copied them) one from Mobilelife RV in Kithchener. That is what we did, and yes they can be taken in and out, but it is a bit of work. The base stays in place.

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/10 09:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mmckell wrote:

Does anyone know where an RT armoire (to replace 3rd seat)can be purchased? Also, how complicated is the install? (Do you have to take the box that's under the seat out? How do you install the cabinet? Is it possible to keep switching them out?)

Thanks!

Mimi

What model year do you have? It's only in the past few years that RT made the passenger side armoire removable. Earlier, the armiore was an available option, but it was permanent. You couldn't take it out and put the chair back in.

Now, you can. If you have a later design, you remove and replace as much as you want.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
"The Traveling Koala"
2012 Koala 21CS
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

dwhitmoyer

Potomac Falls, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/10 04:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can buy mine. Took it out as soon as we got home from the dealer. Very hard to take in and out and provides very little extra storage. Mostly for cans and things since there's no additional hanging sstorage.

I downsized my rig to fit my dog.

retraite

Wanderin' about

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/10 05:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or, you can look here. http://www.leisuretimerv.com/Portals/54/documents/cabinetslatestjan2007.pdf

Cheers.

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/10 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or you can do like a lot of us have done and have a custom one built by a cabinet maker (or if you like woodwork or have a friend that does) build what you want. I designed and made one to meet our needs that was removable and we love it so much that we never take it out. It is just the two of us and the Wonder Dog Sally, so we didn't need the third seat, but we did want more storage. We built our with three large drawers and a top counter which comes in handy when using the galley.

Works great!

PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/10 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a thread where we posted some pics of what we did with ours, along with the install of the Mobilife RV armoire. Since that thread was done, we have found that our two Express Loungers and a 6X9 patio mat fit in the base easily from the outside. We also modified a card table to fit into the tall skinny area at the rear of the armoire. We now can easily setup our mat, table, and chairs in about 2 minutes, without having to even open the rear doors.

Armoire thread.

mmckell

Central Coast CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/10 07:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, Booster. I knew I had read something before but my search didn't turn it up. Does your cabinet have shelves or drawers?

I have a 2007 RT 170P.

booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/10 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours has shelves in it. It also had a hanging rod across the top inside that you could use for hanging things if you took the shelves out. We opted to remove the rod and brackets and stick with shelves only.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek armoire cabinet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS