Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Propane detector model 7773 from CCI
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Propane detector model 7773 from CCI

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Kennyg

Green bay, Wi 54303

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

propane Detector went off at 5am for no reason. Second time in two months. Again no propane leak of any type. Have read on this forum that mfg CCI Controls went belly up.

My request for assistance deals with model I have installed. Its model 7773. It appears there is no connection between it and the propane source; i.e. a relay which would turn off propane when detected. Can anyone confirm? I know I face purchasing replacement, but would like to know if I need model with this capability.

Thanks in advance for your help, comments.

Kennyg

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This model does not have a solenoid for a gas valve operation.
What is the condition of your batteries and are you connected to shore power/
Do you have a single power source to the detector or a dual? One red from chassis and one from coach power system.
Has you dog farted on the sensor?
Check for good ground and power to the sensor. Furnace cycling could cause power to drop enough to cause sensor to trip.
http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp2/data/manuals/7773.pdf

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

Kennyg

Green bay, Wi 54303

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/10 03:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thank you both for the advise. The problem hasn't reaccurred. Checking the companys web page and their comments page they apparently have gone out of business.

The unit is almost 5 years old and they do have a life cycle. Will probably go looking for new one.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/10 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CCI did go out of business but I beleive Safe Home Products bought up some of there products.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/10 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Often as not my CCI alarm issues were connected to low battery. Some units are wired to the coach battery some to the chassis battery. When in doubt test the batteries and double check the electrical connections.

Kevin

wagens

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/10 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 7333.0 propane detector went off at 3 am. The mute button only turned it off for a manner of seconds before it went off again. We turned off the propane, and went back to sleep. At 6:00 am the alarm went off again....by this time we had determined that the unit is malfunctioning....the propane is OFF AND we are hooked up to full service camp electricity. We ended up unscrewing the unit and disconnecting it from the power source. I guess we will have to buy a new sensor unit since looking up the part on the internet I find there is no internal battery backup or replaceable parts. The unit is 5 years old. Does anyone have an idea of how long these sensors were designed to operate effectively? thanks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Propane detector model 7773 from CCI
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS