Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Tiffin Price
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Tiffin Price

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
BobGed

Carson City, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/10 12:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have him contact Brian Gipson at Davis Motorhome Mart, Memphis, TN Davis, or Karen at Sherman RV, Sherman, MS Sherman. If anyone can do it they can.

2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

time_to_go_now

La Mirada, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 12:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, he should be able to find 24% off. But, Tiffin is back logged and dealers can't get as many units as they want as fast as they want them. So, dealers will be holding out for top dollar.

But, 24% should be doable. There is more mark up in many other units other than Tiffin, although that is very hard to determine exactly with dealer pricing and incentives depending on how many units a dealer orders.

Have your friend write a letter and fax it to as many dealers as he can. The letter states the exact unit with the exact options your friend wants to buy and the price he is willing to pay. Also say in the fax that your friend is a serious buyer and will put $1,000 down immediately upon acceptance of your offer.

I purchased a new 1998 TT, a new 2001 Jayco TT purchased in AZ, a used 2002 Jayco Class C purchased in PA, and my current new 2008 Tiffin Allegro purchased in No. CA. It was a different time back in 2008 when I bought my Tiffin, but I got 32% off sticker. But, the dealer had six of the exact same models on his lot and my DW liked the color combination of the one unit that he had been sitting on the longest! He wanted to get out of that specific unit pretty badly.

All were purchased by writing a letter and faxing them to as many dealers as I could. Most did not respond. But in each case, I had at least three dealers that did respond and fought for my business.

Now, this assumes that service and after sales support is not important to you. I never go back to the dealer. In fact, I have never had any RV I have owned back to a dealer for anything. So, this works for me. But, it might not be the best plan for everybody!

Good luck!

Jim and Deanna

2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA
2007 Carson Trailer 22' Titan TH
Trailer Toad
Me, Wife, Boy/16, Boy/13, Girl/10
1985 Toyota 4Runner
FOUR quads, THREE kids, TWO motorcycles, ONE wife, ONE dog, ONE cat, ONE Polaris RZR

wxman1

Sacramento ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 01:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am in the process of shopping for a Tiffin Phaeton 36 ft. I have received one offer in the 24% off range the others are too high so far. we will see what tomorrow brings? The internet is a great boone for us RV shoppers!

9!!!! Rallys and LOTS of FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 Winnebago Tour
400HP Cummins

blucrabbie

Wake Forest, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/10 03:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our Bus from this place.
It was a great experience and we got we feel like was a very competitive price. Deal with Marlin direct and not a salesman.

New 2 us
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

Our Camping Adventures
hubby and i empty nesters
n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!

wnytaxman

Western NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at a Tiffin Allegro 38qba back in October. We were quoted a "clean" deal of $150,000 and a trade for our Itasca of $90,000. When we got into tax season and felt comfortable enough of finalizing our purchase we found that the Tiffin dealer raised his price by $20,000. It was partly for the demand on the Tiffin and partly on the demand for the 2009 chassis. Either way we said "No way!" and bought the Berkshire.

2011 Berkshire 390bh

HeresLucy

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kwilkins wrote:

I recently purchased a 2010 Itasca and paid 24% below sticker price. I’m not sure how good of a deal this was, but I did negotiate with a few dealers.

A friend is looking at a 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38 QBA with a sticker price of $195k including options. Can anyone give me a ballpark of what percentage off sticker he would be likely to get?

Ken

No trade -- at least 25% off MSRP. Signup for Tiffin RV Network to get info on the latest MSRP and option costs and then you are prepared to discuss things with a dealer. You say it's 24% -- but until you can look at the details of an MSRP pricing sheet and do a cross reference you won't really know. Someone over there will have the latest sheets on this.

Lucy

2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

BobR

Aurora, Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guess there is some "iffin" to a Tiffin. My advice would be to shop the deal. I don’t not know for sure but suspect the lower mark up on Tiffin is puffery on the dealers part. You know what they say when a salesman’s lips move!

wnytaxman

Western NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobR wrote:

Guess there is some "iffin" to a Tiffin. My advice would be to shop the deal. I don’t not know for sure but suspect the lower mark up on Tiffin is puffery on the dealers part. You know what they say when a salesman’s lips move!

My guess is that Tiffin actually does have a lower markup. For example Camping World has a Damon diesel bunk house that they have with an MSRP of around $212k while the comparable Tiffin is listed at around $195k. From looking at both I can tell you the Tiffin is a way nicer coach than the Damon. I never got to a point of a clean deal price on the Damon, but their trade price was substantially lower than the Tiffin trade price.

fredbon

Pacific Northwest or SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 06:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would very surprised if Tiffin's are not marked-up just like the rest. Parts is parts, all manufacturers must purchase from the same major suppliers. Yes Tiffin may produce their own chassis, but again, parts is parts.

I know some are tired of hearing this, but from the financial information revealed in the National RV bankruptcy, the dealer cost on units is around 64% of MSRP. Sure the dealership has high overhead, but?????

Fred

Fred and Bonnie
Frankie & Scarlett, (The Cats)
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
2006 Saturn VUE

As I've Matured... I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/10 08:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fredbon wrote:

I would very surprised if Tiffin's are not marked-up just like the rest. Parts is parts, all manufacturers must purchase from the same major suppliers. Yes Tiffin may produce their own chassis, but again, parts is parts.
I wouldn't. Don't ask me how, but Tiffin still has "parts" for my 94 when I call and ask. Common parts that are half the price of what it would cost elsewhere. And some strange parts too, like a key blank for my drivers door lock, made in England no less. Could not find a match for it anywhere, and a locksmith could not make one for me. I've heard that they can match, in stock, interior paneling and wall paper way back to the mid '80s. Tell me what other company can do that. And they have to be doing something right to still be in business and have the customer service that they provide.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Tiffin Price
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS