Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fleetwood Flair, entry level or Luxery Rig
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Fleetwood Flair, entry level or Luxery Rig

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/10 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tandkj wrote:

It is an entry level coaach. You might want to start reading your post before you hit the post button.

You are right, but in my defence, it was very late last night and I was relaxing after a couple of Vodka martinis. Will correct this AM.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
1990 Bounder 27D
06 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4
Stowmaster 5000
Blue Ox Apollo Brake Sys.(missing after break in, shopping for new one)

trutribe

Albuquerque

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/10 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a 91 Fleetwood Flair that I picked up N2M last year. Notice that I said I OWN (not drive) meaning that I have the title. Yes it has no slides and even though it is entry level at the time and even today it is a perfect coach for me and my family. I bought it in July and took it out 2 weeks later for a 3000 mile trip to the Midwest in July. We passed many a luxury coach on the side of the road broke down from the heat. We came back from our trip with one problem I ran over a nail and the front tire was low by 5 PSI. We got that patched up and went to the Grand Canyon and had a blast. The Flair has everything we need and I added a Sat dish Two HD TV’s with DVD players for the kids replaced the seatbelts so they are 3 point seatbelts and gave her a good wax and polish. We upgraded to the Flair from a pop-up and we are happy we did. The next rig will be a super C FYI we call our rig Ol’ Faithful or Faith for short she has never let us down…

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

topflite51

In The Desert of Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/10 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It all really depends on who you talk to, I have a friend who has a Prevo, he thinks all Monacos are entry level. Go figure.

David
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to golf or fish
Simply Despicable
Any errors are a result of CRS.

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/10 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 04 Flair has all of the construction of Fleetwoods high end MHs. 1.5" of Styrofoam insulation in the walls and more in the celling. It is not FANCY by any means, but a well constructed MH, and great value. All the appliances and holding tanks, say Bounder on them (hand written in marker pen). The only fault I can give it, is the lack of race ways for electrical and plumbing, of the lack of finding prints for them. Fiesta was the entry level MH for that year, and there was a BIG difference between them. If it is to your liking, and everything works, go for it. Get the best price you can, the Flair is no longer in the lineup, but parts are no problem at all.

Good luck

Wildman

jaychat2003

CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/10 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Max49 wrote:

Who started these labels for motorhomes? "Entry Level" must have been given by the "holier than thou" rich and snobbish crowd. What are they 'entering' into? Are the high and mighty motorhomes exit level because after all those problems it will be the last RV they ever own?
The people with a reasonably priced "camper" should label the 'Rock Star motorhomes' also. Maybe the 'more money than brains motorhome.

Now, is my F-150 pick up truck entry level or exit level?

Fleetwood says that the Flair is entry level, on your truck it depends on the trim level. Cloth seats and rubber mat, and small engine = entry level worker truck.
J

Weathertodd221

FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/10 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

entry level is subjective.
A clean low cost motorhome is worth more than a dirty ill cared for luxury one.

That being said... anything under $100k sticker could probably be referred to as "entry level".

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/10 10:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 2004 the Flair was below the Bounder, sharing floorplans and feature sets with the Southwind Storm.

But Flair/Storm were not Fleetwood's entry level in 2004, as the Fiesta/Terra twins shared that honor.

For a while in the '90s, Flair (and Storm) were entry level, in the sense that Fleetwood offered no A gassers in a lower price range.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B
2001 Ranger Edge

doc brown

Redondo Beach, CA,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/10 12:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it fits your needs then it's luxury because it's better then tent camping. Not to offend tent camping but just trying to make a point. I remember when I bought my Country Coach Inspire new in 2004 there were those that said - "oh entry level", while others said "wow, now that is luxury". Why can't entry level be luxury? I never worried what others thought and I don't ask for opinions. I do what I want. So again, if you like the coach - get a fair price and go for it!

Steve,Kathy,Josh & Morpheus the Basenji
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2008 Wrangler X Rubicon/Blue OX Tow Bar/Ready Brake

jw johnson

oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/10 12:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 94 flair. Once you figure out the p-30 chassis (04 im sure does not have that) it is a decent motorhome. We use ours for summer vacations and weekend trips. I also take it hunting a few times a year. It has never failed me. It does what it is supposed to. I would not full time in it nor would I snowbird in it. I tow a jeep or a boat behind it and it does what we need it to. I will retire in a few years and will purchase a larger diesel pusher.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Fleetwood Flair, entry level or Luxery Rig
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS