Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Fayette Dayton axles
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Fayette Dayton axles

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
detman64

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/10 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1973 Cobra TT with what appears to have Fayette Dayton axles under it with the round cut out center wheels with 4 bolts holding the wheel to the hub. I went to check and repack wheel bearings but ran in to a snag, I did not realize that the drivers side lug bolts were left hand threads and snaped off one bolt in the Hub. I am going to try and get it out at work tomorrow however I would like some infomation on these axles such as what I might do if I can not get the broken bolt out. Where to find replacement parts and parts for the electric brakes ect. Can anyone help me out? Will Dexter axle parts inner-change???????

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/11 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure on your hubs,but most studs are pressed in from the inside of the hub.Usually just lay the hub flat and hit the broken stud with a bfh and a drift pin.It should come out.Most auto parts places have the studs,Make sure you get the left handed ones.
If you snapped one,I would replace all of them,unless your a lot stronger than I am.

Hunting down a 5th wheel toyhauler

'07 Toyota Tundra
Harley Dyna Lowrider. ">

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Fayette Dayton axles
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2016 CWI, Inc. © 2016 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS