Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: STEER SAFE STEERING STABILIZER
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> STEER SAFE STEERING STABILIZER

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
THE-RV-MAN

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wanted to get some input regarding this product: STEER SAFE STEERING STABILIZER. I would like to get it because i really hate when I'm sucked in when those big rigs come by and or if I get a blow out it will keep me straight. I read a lot of positive reviews on it that people had no regrets getting it. I just put new bushings, new monroe shocks all around, new steering stabilizer and i'm getting new air bags and coils in the front this coming Tuesday.
Let me know what you think. Thank You!

Any one Having Problems with rattling?

* This post was edited 08/25/10 09:24pm by THE-RV-MAN *

Full Timer....And loving it!!

2003 King Of The Road 5th Wheeler

wrgjg

Bothell

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just put one on my 08 HR. I got tired of constantly adjusting the steering wheel to stay in the lane and around corners. I installed it myself and made the necessary adjustments. It has helped get rid of about 90% of the drift that i was having before. I am having to learn that i don't need to keep correcting. That is a hard one to unlearn. Maybe after i get used to not having to correct, i will find that it has taken care of 95% of the problem. I am very happy with the system and the people at the factory were very happy to answer any questions and talk me through the installation. I have not yet been in a strong cross wind with the system, but it has to be better than it was before and any improvement will be welcome. I was concerned about the price, but after using it i feel it is well worth the price and effort to install it.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The past owner said Steer Safe was the best $350 he spend on our 1992 P30 chassis the 10 years that he owned it. It handles like a dream is all I know.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had one on a previous coach and loved it. It also doesn't have a shock type damper to wear out like most steering stabilizers.

mscamping

any place, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just this morning we had a Blue Ox True Center installed and I only drove thirty mile and it was great.. I know they are more but we're very impressed..
Mike..

2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36 PBD - ISB 300 Cummins- Allison MH2000 5 speed
2013 Equinox w/Blue Ox Aventa II & SMI Stay-n-Play Duo
FMCA 331658 HRRVC 105155 Chapter - 57- Good Sam Life Member - Coach Net - 3/4 timers
Mike & Sharon

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 01:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A loose, relaxed grip on the wheel and focus your attention further ahead, down the road. This will go a long way toward helping you cure the over-correction syndrome.

wrgjg wrote:

I am having to learn that i don't need to keep correcting. That is a hard one to unlearn.

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

txredfish1

Fulton, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great product. I was like you when I first purchased my MH. After my first test drive, six years ago, I installed Steer Safe. It removed the steering wander. They also claim that in case of a tire blowout on the steering tires, that it will help steer straight and you may not lose control. Good luck ..............

cobra350

Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My steer safe was the best thing I ever bought would not be without it. Amazing difference.

Rick & Darlene Carson
02 F150 Lightning
03 Mustang Cobra
12 Ford Edge (the toad)
08 Winnebago Journey 37H
08 Honda Goldwing

Daveinet

il

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

paulcardoza wrote:

A loose, relaxed grip on the wheel and focus your attention further ahead, down the road. This will go a long way toward helping you cure the over-correction syndrome.

wrgjg wrote:

I am having to learn that i don't need to keep correcting. That is a hard one to unlearn.
OVER CORRECTION IS CAUSED BY THE AXLE MOVING SIDE TO SIDE. If you want to fix that problem, prevent the axle from moving side to side - ie trac bar.

What happens is the leaf springs twist, allowing side movement of the axle. So when you turn, the coach doesn't move, only the axle does - so you turn a little more, but by then the coach catches up to the axle, so you didn't need to turn so far - ie over correcting.

I would also suggest that by the age of your coach, you should be inspecting A-frame bushings and other front end parts for excessive play. Word is that P30 series chassis like a ton of caster as well.

Dave

The Flying Fortress
FMCA F298817
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
6% grade = wanna drag?
MISC photos
Revconeers Forum

ADAD437

New Albany,Ind. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/10 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

best money i have spent. had a blow out on right front steer last winter heading to florida, going about 63 mph. wife was up getting ice tea and didn't even know what happened until we were on the shoulder and i told her why we stopped.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> STEER SAFE STEERING STABILIZER
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS