cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Battery was an issue for me also. I mostly dry camp so depend on the battery. When the gauge showed no charge, I did all sorts of things but went to a garage. The old battery was almost 10 years old so I bought new. They advised to plug in for days at a time but I live where I can only have the rv at my house for two days. So I work around that. Now I plan to go to an rv park with full hookups to have the power hooked up and then I can do a final dump for the season before winterizing. It's been a great year for using the rv. Time to put it away for a few cold months.

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Over the last couple of weeks the B has had lots done to it but only a few things by me. My 1999 E250 based B with the 5.4l Triton engine developed a ticking sounded like a lifter but with over head cams it doesn't have traditional lifters and it only has 75K miles on it. Ford garage scratched their head agreed it sounded like it was coming from the top of the engine and finally tore in and took off both valve covers and everything looked like new, even scoped down in all the cylinders no signs of problems. What they did find was a bracket that had something to do with the pollution control inside the passenger side cam cover had come loose and was at times appeared to be hitting the cam. They actually found a new valve cover with the bracket welded by the factory instead of depending on epoxying the old one back together. They are not positive that was the problem but the noise is gone. Lots of labor costs to tear that far into a van engine with no clearance to work.

I added an OBD-2 scanner to give me gauges on my smart phone so I Could keep an eye on the engine, paranoid now.

I then changed the cabin battery, bough a low clearance aluminum jack at Harbor Freight and it paid for us over the last time I dropped the battery from underneath. 60lbs of battery is no fun to mess with while flat on your back. The old one had a little life left left but getting ready for 4+ days of dry camping and decided even if it would get us through I would have to change it next year.

Then it was a quick wash job and lots of sorting and packing. Only our second outing in a year and a half.

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Reading up on adding springs to my Phoenix Cruiser. And making a list of fall activity including winterizing and some minor repairs. A cover over a vent on the roof flew off for some reason so that needs replacement. Door lock needs replaced too. And tune up the generator. It's been a good season with many trips. Now to winter plans that don't include ring.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Two days ago, I gave the van a nice shine and drove it about a 30 mile round trip.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
Started it up for a few minutes. I need to drive it around soon.
Just said to my wife this morning... this Sunday we need to take the dogs for a walk somewhere to run the Sprinter.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Started it up for a few minutes. I need to drive it around soon.

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Did some social distancing looking out at the Cook Inlet. Pretty even if it is cloudy. Yesterday I took my loom out to sit in the parking lot and weave while listening to an audiobook.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
We have been organizing, clearing clutter and adding back only what we think we will use. Made up the back lounge area into a bed, added a flannel duvet cover for the oversized sleeping bag. Fridge is chilling. Just have to add a few groceries and our clothes and we will be ready to head out for an adventure.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Warm day and we were due to take the coach for its bi-monthly ride so we packed in the dogs and drove to where we used to live and walked around town to see what was new. Since it was warm I figured I would see what needed tending to before we head south at the end of January.

Before we left this morning I added a couple of gallons of water to the black tank so I could make sure it was draining properly after a recent thread about valve issues. All good there. While draining the tanks I ran the generator and the Truma furnace on high drawing 16 amps for 15 minutes and all good there.

Next was miscellaneous items. Made sure I have a gallon of antifreeze just in case it is cold coming home in April. Wiped down the fridge I apparently forgot 6 months ago... oops. Glued a piece of trim Winnebago missed, and fixed the cabinet floor I took up 3 years ago when we had a warranty issue with our water pump.

I think we are ready to head to Florida when winter arrives!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
I started loading it up with food and drink! We are going camping!!!!

Yeehaw!

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I drove into town and topped off my tank with alcohol free gas just in case it was the last tank full till next year. Second time since March. I have been driving it at least once a week to town and back just to give it some exercise and keep the batteries charged. When weather starts getting bad I probably will not make it every week.

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up our Class B from the garage 3 hours away. A couple of weeks ago we heard a loud thud from under the hood. The cowling around the fan blade was broken and the fan blade was missing. The radiator, intercooler, serp belts, clutch fan and shroud had to be replaced to the tune of $3,221.00. With tow truck, Uber and a rental car, we were pleased when insurance covered almost all of it.

parkgt
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Gave it a good vacuuming out. It does not take long since it is a Class B !