cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
mountainkowboy wrote:
JoeChiOhki wrote:
First and last time I carry an air conditioner on my shoulder while climbing up a 15' ladder.

Brave man, wouldn't even attempt it!

Sadly, didn't really have any other way of getting it up there by myself, camper's still kinda stuck on the truck for a bit longer till I get the batteries installed and pull the last of the wire for the jacks.

Ironically, its now the tallest thing on the camper, even sticking up above the cabover roof.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Solar Panel door Awning
Post is here

And I put the Fantastic Fan over the bathroom as I took it off the front to make room for other solar panels and put in a small 8 inch round roof vent fan.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
JoeChiOhki wrote:
First and last time I carry an air conditioner on my shoulder while climbing up a 15' ladder.

Brave man, wouldn't even attempt it!
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put an A/C unit on its roof. First and last time I carry an air conditioner on my shoulder while climbing up a 15' ladder so I can sit it on the roof.

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Dropped in my kids front yard for the month.....
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't seen any posts here in a long time. So here is what I did to our camper yesterday. Have always wanted to carry our Bicycles on the camper and have already used the front Stinger idea for a Ham Radio antenna so here is what I did using the Yakima RPL BOA Wheel Tray and the YAKIMA BLOCKHEAD.
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Finished re - caulking exterior with 3-M 4000 UV white for all compartments and horizontal seam of clamshell. Used Boat Life-Life Seal in clear for lights,awnings,door,furnace and hot water heater. Bigfoot factory caulk was fairly good after almost 10 years, but it was time. A lot of work,hope it lasts another 10 years!
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Redneck bling wrote:
Added LED lighting. Stripped the failing white paint from the aluminum bumper and steps. Researching how to recoat. Love the LED tube lights. Rewired the fixtures bypassing the ballast. Went with m4 and natural white. like it alot. All inside lighting is now LED and the outside porch lights too. I do not see any loss in illumination.
The paint was a pain to remove. Its as if Lance did not etch the aluminum before the originally painted it. So consequently the rubber that was glued to it came up.

Had the same issue with the Lance I sold. I used Zinzer stripper to pull the old paint off (safe on aluminum) and then washed it real well with strong derergent and my pressure washer, let it dry amd mist coated it with zinc chromate primer and top coated it with Rustoleum gloss white. Mine was coming off in strips as well. Very poor prep on the part of Lance.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Changed the alignment of the passenger side Atwood jack dually swing out. When I took the TC off and on yesterday I noticed it was a degree or so inside of vertical when lifting. Now it is straight perpendicular to the ground when deployed.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Oregun
Explorer III
Explorer III
JoeChiOhki wrote:
Put the tarp back on the roof so its ready for the rain

+1

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put the tarp back on the roof so its ready for the rain

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

Redneck_bling
Explorer
Explorer
Added LED lighting. Stripped the failing white paint from the aluminum bumper and steps. Researching how to recoat. Love the LED tube lights. Rewired the fixtures bypassing the ballast. Went with m4 and natural white. like it alot. All inside lighting is now LED and the outside porch lights too. I do not see any loss in illumination.
The paint was a pain to remove. Its as if Lance did not etch the aluminum before the originally painted it. So consequently the rubber that was glued to it came up.
2016 F-250 S.D.XLT Crewcab 4X4 auto SB 6.2 gas Hellwig R anti sway Bilsteins airlift bags Front receiver hitch Torklift Talons+stabil loads Michelins 3,640lb tires.
2006 Lance 861 Honda 2000 gen. Golf cart batteries(2) led lighting polarcub Airconditioner