Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: coast to coast membership?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> coast to coast membership?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
wildwood32

east moline,ill

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just purchased a membership to a camp resort in my area,I got my card and it says that I am a coast to coast membership.Is there and official website for them?Is is still in operation?Looking for any information on it.Thanks.

If its Friday,see ya on monday.Have camper,will camp.

remoandiris

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it this one?

http://www.coastresorts.com/Index.cfm

2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

wildwood32

east moline,ill

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

C2C

Been using them, RPI & AOR for almost 5yrs.
Great IF you full time OR use them frequently.

Hope you bought your home park membership via resale!
Yes I did,got it for $500.Maintance fee of 300 a year and a resort only 10 miles from home,and camp for free,stay on for 2 weeks and then off 1 and back on 2 weeks.I will get my money out of it.But was wondering the perks of the coast to coast that came with it.It says on my paperwork that is is not a rpi or a deluxe,what are the differences in them?

wildwood32

east moline,ill

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 03:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

skylos wrote:

They're certainly less than obvious about how much it costs. What is buying a membership 'via resale' mean?
You can buy them from another owner,mine went for origionaly from I don't know how long ago,for $6442,from what I understand is that they could be bought up to 3 generations,which could be passed down to family members,but if you sold it then it would lose a generation,so if Grandma and grampa bought a 3 generation and passed it to his kid,his kid would have it for himself,and if he wanted to pass it to his kid.If grandpa sold it then it would lose a generation,go from a 3 to a 2 and so on until it gets to a 1 generation which means it can't be sold again.Mine is now only 1 generation so that is why it was so cheap,I can't hand it down to my kid.

skylos

Columbus, OH

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They're certainly less than obvious about how much it costs. What is buying a membership 'via resale' mean?

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C2C

Been using them, RPI & AOR for almost 5yrs.
Great IF you full time OR use them frequently.

Hope you bought your home park membership via resale!

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from 5th wheels to Gen'l RVing Issues.
Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

milo

4 Corners

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 08:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been C2C members since 1990. We use it quite often but we do not travel out of our way to use a C2C resort. The only drawback I don't like is you have to make reservations @ least 3 days in advance. Our home park went tits up so we had to find a new home, been a member of that new home for 7 yrs & have been to it yet. Cost us $90 a year + the $89 C2C fee, so we feel it's cheap enough to keep it for us to use for our travels. We stay about 25-30 nights a year in C2C parks saving us bout 600 bucks in CG fees.

Janet & Milo ...37 & 7/12 yrs 2gether
Mona Mo 8 yr old Yorkie & (in spirit) our Beagle
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26SAB

Chief 2

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/12 05:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our C to C membership through a resale. Got in for a low price to a home park in Ga. that we have only stayed at once and our annual fees are only $50.00 per year plus the C to C annual fee. We get to stay at some beautiful resorts using the C to C membership for $10.00 a night. Many times while on the road we just have called a resort directly and they have given us the C to C price. Sometimes they won't let you use your points, but just pay the $10 cash and all is good. Check Ebay for the resales.

2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/12 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Via resale.........pennies on the dollar for same privilege/rights as somebody buying directly from a membership CG.

Just google 'campground membership for sale'

You have to have a 'home' park membership in order to have the affiliate programs ie: Coast to Coast (C2C), Resorts of Distinction (ROD), Resorts Park Inc. (RPI), Adventure Outdoor Resorts (AOR).

You have to maintain your 'home' park membership and then pay yearly dues to affiliates to use them.

Depending on program/affiliate you can stay up to 1 week or 2 weeks at participating CG's across the US for $10/15 per night....costs extra for 50A/Cable and occasionally sewer. Have to make reservations in order to get the discounted rate. Yearly dues differ but $89 gets you the 1 week and $139 gets you the upgraded 2 week option

We FT and use them a LOT..really cuts down on park fees. We also use Passport America, Corp Of Engineer CG's and boondock.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> coast to coast membership?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS