Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GOOD SAM DELUXE ? Changes?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> GOOD SAM DELUXE ? Changes?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a life member.Am I automatically a President Club Member?

RVenIt

Kentucky

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/12 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I'm a deluxe member, but the letter that I received explained it like this: since the President's Club is no longer around and is now the expanded Good Sam Club, every Good Sam Club member will receive the benefits of what was previously the President's Club. So it sounds like your life membership now will apply at Camping World for life as well. Sounds pretty good to me!

SRT

Head of the Lakes, MN

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/12 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dropped Good Sam a few years ago but kept Camping World President's Club as we do occasionally buy some big ticket items on sale.

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/12 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

Well, time will tell if the price of having both items on one card increases of not. If it does, "Good By Good Sam", and "Good By Camping Wolrd. I dropped Camping World several years ago, as their prices and shipping charges were just to high. And as far as Flying J goes, there isn't one close to where we live or travel anyways, so no lose to us. Actually since we do almmost nothing but Boondocking anyways, and after 45 years as RV'ers, there isn't much we really ever need to buy anymore. So it wpouldn't be much of a lose to us anyways. We don't even have their ERS, or their Insurance, as their way to high on that also. Instead we have Coach-Net. If there is ever anything that we do need, we can usually find it cheaper on line, with free shipping and no taxs. So you have to really ask yourslef, "What good are they to you anyway". Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

Marv Hoag

Redding, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/12 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guess I'm the opposite of the previous poster. Both Good Sam and CW cards, GS vehicle insurance and ERS. CW is opening a store in Redding so that works for me. I slao have used several of the $5.00 discount coupons. I think thes new features are a positive step toward real benefits. I also use the Flying J / Pilot frequent fueler card when I can.

2000 Monaco Windsor 40'
2004 Honda CRV, Unified Tow Brake
2009 Honda Fit Sport

RVenIt

Kentucky

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just found out that anywhere you use your new Good Sam Club card, they're able to look up your expiration date. Just thought I would pass this along.

bigjettech

Bartlett,Il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tonijim wrote:

I also received the new upgrade email. When I went on-line to register for the new Pilot/Flying J card, I found that they required my Social Security number (also my wife's) as a condition. When I called, I was informed that a credit check was required for the card's $1,000 line. I don't give that information out on-line or on the phone without a compelling reason. I guess that means I won't be getting the Pilot/J card and they won't be getting my business.

Am I the only one who feels this is a really slippery slope for Good Sam to require in order for us to use a card for a $.04/gallon break?

Comments (MR LEONIS TAKE NOTE), please!

Jim

you're bassically getting a credit card from pilot/flyingj so they're going to want the same info any credit card company would when issuing a card.

2006 Silverado 2500hd duramax 4x4 - with a few mods

2006 Cherokee lite 285b+ 5th wheel

PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVenIt wrote:

Just found out that anywhere you use your new Good Sam Club card, they're able to look up your expiration date. Just thought I would pass this along.

So what's the issue with that?

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So does this mean that I'll get twice as much GS junk mail as before, even though I've never been a member?

2007 Forester 2941DS
2005 KIA Spectra
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Can-AmDuo

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know the one about the dues increase."

You don't have to wait long .. I just got my "deluxe Member " card today and my dues go up in Feb by $5 / yr > Since I don't want the Camping World add on can they be back to the renewal rate I was sent in December or am I @#rewed. Mr Lemonis ... please answer this question

Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> GOOD SAM DELUXE ? Changes?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS