Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: BANK OWNED OR REPO
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> BANK OWNED OR REPO

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
WHITE TOP

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello all.First post here and it will probably show,so please bare with me.I am trying to find a deal on a used coach,I need to find one that can be financed. I would like to find somthing with a diesel.Is there any sites or sugestions on where to look.Thank you in advance for any help.

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is one such site: crankyape.com

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

workhardplayharder

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mash here

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have good credit there are many banks and finance companies that are giving loans. Many times a dealer has even more sources. I bought mine used and had everything all set up through my Credit Union. When I got to the dealer they actually got me .5% less so I got a couple dollars less per month to pay. That is my gas money. Check out PPL in Houston via their website. Some of the repos that y ou could run across are probably due to the purchaser being underwater on the loan and they may be looking at high prices or bargains. If they had no money to make the payments would they keep up the maintenance?

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire, Workhorse W22, 2008 Saturn Vue, Falcon 5250, & US Gear Unified Tow Brake

Dale.Traveling

Newport News, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 06:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found my rig at Porter's RV Sales. All they sell are used models. My coach was a repo out of Florida. Financed thru USAA. Figure on needed at least 10% down bank estimated value which will probably be NADA listed. The older the coach the more a lender maybe reluctant to loan on. Shop around. lots of deals on used coaches. Decide on a basic floor plan that suits you needs then start searching. Start reading everything you can find and hit the RV shows this winter. Many of the shows have guest speakers on buying, maintaining and other RV matters.

This Gulf Stream is a good example of a repo. Notice the TV is missing over the dah and the radio front unit is also missing. Easy to remove items have a way of walking away with a repo but are just as easy to replace, plus it drives the value down.

Good luck with your search.

2006 Hurricane 31D aka 'Moby' the Whale
FCC(SW) US Navy Retired 1980-2003
Stella my Navigator
Bogart the All American RV Dog
and
Cocoui waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 06:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is another one, it's a few miles from Virgina.PPL Motorhomes

WHITE TOP

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/12 05:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all who replied.I have looked at all sites listed here,and will bookmark them.I will keep my eye on them dailey.This site sure seeems to have a wealth of info.Sense joining I have spent several hours reading and will probally spend a lot more.

randco

Somewhere in time

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 05:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These guys Quality Motor Coach sell mainly repo coaches. We purchased ours from them a little over a year ago.

Good luck in your search.

RSchleder

iowa city, ia

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 05:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you checked out "Tiffin motorhome forum"? You can learn a lot about class A motorhomes there and they have an MOTORHOME CLASSIFIED section. Also, I agree, the dealer, should you purchase from one, usually has pretty competitive interest rates.
Also, have you tried simply typing "used motorhomes" into Google, you'll get enough for sale sites to keep you busy for quite a while.

Weathertodd221

FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/12 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any rig can be financed. Just a matter of your credit and lender requirements.
I wouldnt "shop" based on payments. Maybe set a budget of $xx,xxx amount...go to your bank and prequalify, then start looking whats available on the market.
Also Im not keen on opening my "financials" to strangers. Better to square away the funds prior to shopping so you can close a fantastic deal if you find one.

Bank owned or repo means it wasnt cared for. Some folks see those words as "savings"... but most of the time its not the case. Just look at some of those units on cranky ape. If an owner cant make the payments do you think they took care of the vehicle? Logic says no.

As stated earlier... PPL, ebay, CL, RVtrader... all can generate leads for you to run down/investigate.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> BANK OWNED OR REPO
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS