Explore and connect with travelers just like you.

Like what you see? Join Good Sam's Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
399324members
3638083posts

Community Activity

First time

I’m new to camping so looking for the top tips of things I should have on hand . I just bought a 22’ RV and I want to enjoy it as much as I can. I can use all the help I can get from the community. Thanks!

Reasonably priced LiFePO4 Lithium batteries - quality?

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has tested any of the LiFe P04 batteries that have shown up on the web and Amazon.Cost for a 100ah is a good third of mainstream retail units. $300 CAD or so.How reliable can they be for that kind of money. 5 to 10 ...

1-5/8" receiver hitch from the stone age?

I bought a pallet of stuff that looks like leftovers from an old auto parts store. Anyone need a new radiator for a squarebody GM?In one of the boxes I found two brand new 1-5/8" square shanks rated for 350/3500 towing. How old would these be? 

mkirsch by Nomad II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sun Roof

My sunroof/skylight on my 2007 Winnebago view makes A lot of air noise while driving on the highway.  It is sealed well and not leaking but I was wondering is there any tips for cutting down that noise.  Thank you

Vitahome RV toilet seat removal

Does anyone know how to remove a Vitahome RV toilet seat. Can't get at nuts underneath. Need to remove to install bidet. Can see caps on top of seat mounts, not sure if they remove, don't want break anything. Thanx

mjk21 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Slide out hell!

Messed up on this one!  I’ll make it short and skip the backstory. The slide out it stuck in the out position, I tried disconnecting the motors to manually push it in but can’t seem to manage it. I’m trying to avoid totally tearing into things. Coach...

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

1997 (Monaco) Beaver Brandywine 40M

Hello. Being the old classic RV kind of guy I am, I'm thinking of an old Class A purchase.We've been considering a 3-5 year old quality motorhome. Something big, for longer term travel and more distant destinations. We have our little truck camper an...

Tow vehicles Chevy 1500

I got a 1500 Chevy and my camper is 5000 lbs but he ratings for 1500 says 7000 lbs not sure about the payloads but my truck seems to do ok with my camper it dont push truck down like some heavy campers do. But I will check with dealer. I had 2 diesal...

Introduce Yourself!

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself. Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a ...

1.png
TeamGoodSam by Community Manager
  • 232 replies
  • 411 likes

Baltimore MD area BEWARE

I am not sure where to put this for travelers to see so I put it here..For those traveling around the Baltimore MD area, we ALL know that all RV's need to use the Key Bridge ( 695 ) instead of the tunnels.. Yesterday there was a bridge collapse from ...

Yellowstone NP

I'm planning on a trip to Yellowstone NP this May 2024. I'd like to avoid "hairpin" curves. My plan is going east on Interstate 90 to Interstate 15. Then south to Spencer, ID, east to Kilgore then to campsite at Island Park, ID.  I will be pulling a ...

CptRod by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

purchased a custom dune sport toyhauler

We purchased a custom dune sport toyhauler. received it in early oct, sadly only had time for one trip. this is the only company that i know of that actually allows one to draw your own floor plan, down to the floor tie downs. this floor plan is my d...

dsrace by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Center of Gravity Truck Camper

I’m considering an Arctic Fox 1140 which has a COG marked as 55.25” from the front wall of the camper.  That puts the COG about 2” behind my rear axle.  I am seeing Lance’s and Host’s that have COG’s of 60+”s!  How are those side entry truck campers ...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Finding the way back into the forum

Tried several times to get back into the forum. I tried the forgot password method but never received an email as promised by the system. I know others have had trouble too. My screen name has been changed without notification. It had been Camper_Jef...