Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Shadow Cruiser Travel Trailer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Shadow Cruiser Travel Trailer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
PumaMan

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/13 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I currently have a Puma 23FB and really like it. It has been nothing but reliable for us.

While we would have to sell our Puma, we recently saw a Shadow Cruiser 225RBS and it looked amazing. Really set up well for us as we are considering using our trailer much more in the year to come.

My question is whether anyone knows anything about the Shadow Cruiser Travel Trailer? I have looked on line and have not found many reviews.

Another question would be how do we determine what our 2011 Puma is worth?

Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Puma Man

denverhank

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/13 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do a search of the forum for Shadow Cruiser. About 12 pages worth. I had one but doubt that I'd buy another.

As for your value, check nadaguides for a starting point.

2003 Ford F-250 King Ranch 4x4 6L PSD
2012 Jayco 31.5FBHS
DW and an African Grey chatterbox
retired IT tech

neschultz

Eastern Shore of MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/13 02:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to the dealer to buy a different TT last May but liked the S225 RBS better and bought it. We' ve had no problems with it at all and still love it. We did make a few mods to suit our tastes. Wouldn't trade it today for anything else. Our son and his wife and 2 sons (3 & 6 yrs then) also used it quite a few times last summer. Our longest trip was to Tenn and back (~1000 miles each way).

2014 Winnebago Via 25P - Vinnie with a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ Hatchback Toad - Julie

kstems

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/13 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2012 225RBS and absolutely love it. It suits us perfectly, is easy to tow and has the most cabinet and counter space of all the trailers we looked at. We haven't had any problems with ours other than the shower pulled away from the wall a little bit, but the dealer fixed that in a a couple of days. I would highly recommend the trailer.

2006 Ford Expedition 4x4
2012 Shadow Cruiser 225RBS

thrasher053

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/13 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the S260BHS. I have made a few posts on this trailer, just search on my name. We have had our trailer for about 18 months, with over 50 nights and 8000 miles towing. Here are some of my observations. First, confirm the weight. 6 months after we bought ours we got a new weight label from Cruiser RV adding 700 pounds to the dry weight. As far as quality, there are some videos on YouTube showing construction in the factory, so you can see how they are put together. There are some choices made that seem to indicate they are trying to use better materials: stainless steel kitchen sink, Marinco power cord, alloy wheels, Beaufloor flooring. Other choices are for weight, especially the cabinets. Doors are solid wood and plywood, but the carcasses are built with lightweight plywood wrapped with vinyl. Screws do not hold well in the lightweight core. Most of the other fittings are basic RV, lots of plastic, the most basic appliances, etc. The big slide really opens up the floor space, but you may not be able to access the bunkhouse or bathroom with it closed. Many people find that important, it is not to us. The only issues we had were one loose piece of trim, no signal from the antenna and the awning broke (Dometic issue.) All were repaired quickly by our dealer, Family RV in Pomona.

Bruce and Jennie
2012 Shadow Cruiser S260-BHS
2007 Silverado CC 1500 4.8L 3.73

merlinboy

Sherbrooke Que Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/13 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought the cruiser 225rbs last spring and love it,a lot of room,lot of storage big counter top ,easy to pull with a F-150.
We eard a lot of owner having problem with slide out but i think the fact our slide out is single one(dinette only,no sofa)its shorter and less easier to twist.
About the screw that loosse i had a few that i have to fix. That will probally happen in every light weight trailer that use cheaper componant vs wood.

Over all, its a very good value to the price.

bchecker

Madison

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/13 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had our 28QBS for a season and loved it. Cant beat build quality, and options for their entry level trailer. My wifes opinion is the interior fabric quailty and design much more desirable than other manufactures. I hear this is because Cruiser is also owned by Double Tree who manufacturers high end 5th wheels. I did get new axels and tires do to a recall by Lippert who makes chaises for many TT builders. Shadow Cruiser is an ultraligh
t so keep in mind ceiling height is only 6'4". If I was talle then 6 ft I would find it a little tight. With all this said I just (on Sat) trading in my 280QBS for the 313BHS! Great time to buy, only paid $1500 more for much more trailer.

2008 2500HD 6.0
2014 313BHS Shadow Cruiser

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Shadow Cruiser Travel Trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS