Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Near Miss Propane Freak Accident
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Near Miss Propane Freak Accident

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Irover wrote:

I had a couple friends who took their motor home on a weekend vacation; a dump truck ran a stop light hit the motor home right where the propane tank was mounted midway of the vehicle. The fire-rescue team said they may have survived if the gas valve at the tank was shut off. The line broke to the tank and the RV exploded. The dump truck driver survived because he was able to exit his vehicle.
That paint stick that was made to prevent the gas stove knobs form being pushed in is also a great idea.
I always shut the propane off when traveling that way I don't forget when fueling up. Arriving safely to my destination is my top priority! JMHO

There is a valve on top of our built in tank. If there was line break etc it would shut off the flow unless the valve was destroyed.
Our Fifth wheel had shocks and an air hitch. It still bounced a bit to the point of things flying out of the pantry. I've seen some going down sections of I40 etc that looked like they were riding ocean waves.
No doubt a lot of things were in the floor and who knows about their propane. There is no device or measure that will guarantee no accident or disaster will happen. Life is not certain.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Near Miss Propane Freak Accident
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS