cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Uses For 303 Aerospace Protectant?

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
We all know that Supercharged uses 303 to protect his stinky slinky.

What I'm looking for is a list of some of the other creative uses that people use 303 for in/on the RV.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

30 REPLIES 30

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I had a sticking seal on the slide yesterday. It wouldn't pop out like the other side. Grabbed the 303 and liberally coated all the slide seals. Now the sticking seal works perfect.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dakzuki wrote:
I know one place it is not used....aerospace...at least where I work and we build a lot of planes.

Hmmmm ... then what do they do to protect fighter jet cockpit areas (interiors and around the cockpit shield exterior) when sitting out in the sun for months at a time?

By th way, I use Aerospace 303 to remove spots from the seating material surfaces in RV interiors and from the carpets in the cab area. I also use it to clean spots off the carpets in our other vehicles. Spray it on the spotted area and then wipe the area thoroughly with a clean cotton cloth or towel.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
WoodGlue wrote:

What I'm looking for is a list of some of the other creative uses that people use 303 for in/on the RV.

WoodGlue

I know one place it is not used....aerospace...at least where I work and we build a lot of planes.

Good qualifier!
"....at least where I work and we build a lot of planes".

"The Aerospace Industry"

(Scroll down to) Section:
"Manufacturing Materials, Facilities and Processes"

"Materials"
"Manufacturer may have tens of thousands of individual products approved for use, although far fewer are in use at any time."

Concluding paragraph:
"In total the Aerospace industry uses more than five thousand chemicals and mixtures of chemical compounds, most with multiple suppliers, and with many compounds containing between five and ten ingredients. The exact composition of some products is proprietary, or a trade secret, adding to the complexity of this heterogeneous group".

Source

BTW - Orville & Wilbur probably didn't use 303 either!.:W

~

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
WoodGlue wrote:

WoodGlue

Well not that explains it ... I can see where a manufacturer of planes might not have a use for it unlike the much larger segment that flies and maintains planes.

Also I would guess that in the aerospace industries there are 100 items develop, but only 1 or 2 used and adopted industry wide. Just like post it notes were not the result of any effort to make a temporary sticky substance for paper.

I use it mainly on rubber like tires and vehicle weatherstripping along with vinyl and leather in vehicles. Because it doesn't last long especially when exposed to the elements IMO it's a waste of effort to try and use it universally on things like the outside of trailers or rubber roofs. For the outside of a trailer polymer protectants (yes some don't harm graphics) are much better and longer lasting and putting anything on a rubber roof is a total waste of money and effort IMO and generally counter productive to say the least. I even question washing a rubber roof since IMO that shortens the life of it due to even the slight abrasion in the washing/cleaning process and removing the sacrificial flaking layer that is already there from the natural weathering of the surface. Sometime we overthink/do things which has the opposite effect of what we thought we were doing them for.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
WoodGlue wrote:

WoodGlue

Well not that explains it ... I can see where a manufacturer of planes might not have a use for it unlike the much larger segment that flies and maintains planes.

Also I would guess that in the aerospace industries there are 100 items develop, but only 1 or 2 used and adopted industry wide. Just like post it notes were not the result of any effort to make a temporary sticky substance for paper.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:

WoodGlue

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer

Hahahaha!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

aeejbe
Explorer
Explorer
nitrohorse wrote:
I use it in place of conditioner for my hair. It prevents split ends and hides the gray in my hair.

C'mon Now...Really? How good is it as a teeth whitener?

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:

WoodGlue

Does he use it on the interior or exterior?.:?

Interior - with 303, Supercharged has a *Slippery Slinky* - for "Supercharged" dumps.

Hmmmmmmmm....... Drink it..:B

Fred Sanford used to mix Ripple and Champagne = "Champipple".

303 and XXXXX = ( ??? )..:h..:h

~

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
I'm in aerospace and we most definitely do not use it.
Maybe in your aerospace, but that doesn't mean it isn't used in aerospace does it? Lots of branches of aerospace out there. Besides, the manufacturers claim is that is was "originally engineered for aerospace and aviation applications". But I am sure that there are private pilots out there who use it, and aviation surely is a branch of aerospace.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dakzuki wrote:

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

aeejbe
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:

Care to share your thoughts as to WHY that is? Would YOU use it?

BigRigRVing
Explorer
Explorer
I have used 303 for years with no issues. We use in on our tires, tire covers, door and slide seals, roof, roof vents, and plastic fenders and bumper ends on our jeep.

We also use the 303 fabric protector on awnings, front windshield curtain, seats in jeep, and toppers over slides.

I always order 303 here, always free shipping and lowest price. Comes in all sizes.
Gary & Cheryl and our chocolate lab named Caddy
2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 4304 w/ Blue-Ox Sports Lift
2006 Jeep Rubicon
HD 2006 Softtail Deluxe
www.BigRigRVing.com

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad