Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Straight Talk Full Refund!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Straight Talk Full Refund!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
DougE

New Braunfels, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/13 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hoping to upgrade to modern technology cheaply I mail ordered a Straight Talk phone. Turned out to be a TracPhone and found it didn't work in Casper, Wy and other places. When I got back home and checked the shipping label I found it had a 30 return policy on the back. Sent it back (return receipt requested) and by golly today a 100% refund turned up in my credit card account. Sure surprised me - I was expecting there would surely be some item $ deducted from my original charge. I am now very happy with my Blackberry Z10 on an ATT senior account.

2010 Chevrolet Express/10' Cargo Camper/2006 Honda Big Ruckus

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/13 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

good story happy endings are nice to hear

thank you

Options, always have options, and the journey goes much smoother

Connected thru Verizon with HotSpot WiFi using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/13 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How do you like the BB Z10? I am using an older Dumberry curve 3G and have learned to use it very well but need to move forward. Wife has an Android based LG that seems to work well and I refuse to pay Apple for their overpriced stuff.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

HappyKayakers

Malabar FL

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/13 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those of you considering BlackBerry phones, you might want to check the business news. Company just reported terrible earnings and massive layoffs. Talking heads on CNBC wondering how long company can survive.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2006 Heartland Bighorn 3600RL, MorRyde suspension, TrailAir pinbox
http://happykayakers.com/

DougE

New Braunfels, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/13 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I can tell you is that I am becoming accustomed to the BB Z10 much faster than the Samsung Galaxy SIII (this is my first smart phone). I also like the square edge the BB Z10 has as opposed to the sharp edge the SG SIII has. With ATT service I get my ATT.net mail directly and the BB Z10 gets free data from my home or other WiFi sources.

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/13 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have my Iphone on straighttalk which is on the ATT network. $47.00 a month all unlimited and it has worked everywhere we have traveled including Wyoming

Where I Am Now

Amateur Radio Operator KK9W ARRL VE FT DX2000

Steve and Joy
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35 LKTS
2014 Ford F 350 Lariat Dually Camper Package
Cooper . . . The Aussie-Doodle, Yogi . . . The Yorkie, Cookie . . . The Chiuaiua

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/13 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the tlking heads, have 'wondering' about 'RIM' and bb for 3 yrs or more
research in motion, is still in business

the naysayers have been marking grave stones or some tme
but the refuse to die

travisc

Pacific NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/13 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Onething with straight talk is they sell phones that are serviced by AT&T, Tmobile and Verizon- the trick is learning what works best where you are.

Winnebago Access 24V

DougE

New Braunfels, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/13 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I purchased my phone by mail order from Straight Talk they never gave me an opportunity to chose a service provider. I didn't get one from the local Walmart because they only sold Tmobile and Verizon. ATT wasn't an option.

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/13 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Straight Talk does not give a choice of service providers but does offer service on ATT, TMobile, and Verizon. By buying at Walmart you can see which service provider the phone is on by looking at the package. Buying on their website you can see by the model code on the phone. My wife has a Straight Talk plan and purchased a Blackberry Curve that runs on the Verizon network - voice, text, and data. In this past year, Straight Talk has stopped selling sim cards for ATT and is only selling them for TMobile service. But ST still is subcontracting with ATT and one needs the correct Sim Card for ATT from ST to make any GSM phone work on ATT through Straight Talk.

If you are on ST TMobile you do much better going to Walmart for a TMobile phone on the Walmart only TMobile $30/month plan of 5 gb data, unlimited text and 100 mins talk.

In our travels when my wife formerly had a ST plan with ATT service, we had either equal coverage where we were (with me on TMobile) or I had coverage and she didn't on ATT. Now with her ST Verizon coverage she has the better coverage in some areas over my TMobile coverage.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Straight Talk Full Refund!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Good Sam Club | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS