cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lube wheels

sluggo68
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to get everyone's input/suggestions on how often I should/need to lube the hubs on my 2014 springdale travel trailer. And also how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony
2014 Dodge Ram Crew cab 2500 6.4 Hemi
2015 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
7 REPLIES 7

sluggo68
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all the great info. I am so glad that I found this site/forum. I am very appreciative of how willing people are to offer up info and very helpful info/tips to other members and especially as a very new member and new travel trailer owner.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent tutorial on how it's done here:

Annual Brake Inspection and Lube

Lots of Youtube videos on the subject too.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I have Dexter axles on my TT. Dexter recommends every 12 months or 12000 miles, whichever comes first. Yearly it is! It gives me a chance to check and adjust the brakes at the beginning of the season for a trouble free season.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know when you should do it but I "check" mine about every 7 years or so. I put about 4 to 5K a year on mine. I just take a peak and if it looks good it's good. I have to replace the brakes about every 7 to 10 years or so anyway.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

DieselX
Explorer
Explorer
I check 'em out every few years, just don't use those ez lube things. I did and blew out 3 grease seals, what a mess. I hand pack them now.

sluggo68
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info on the repacking the bearings on the TT.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I check them at about 30,000 miles, how often do you repack the bearings on your dodge?