cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartRV - GPS tracking sold with some RVs

Chuck_Sorensen
Explorer
Explorer
When RV-ID began to map our RV location around the neighborhood, instead of its usual place in our driveway, it looked like it was time to renew the RV-ID service. Their web site was no help, so I tried support at mysmartrv dot com.

Below is their reply of this afternoon. I hope that they can work something out; it is a clever and useful system.

Take Care -

Chuck Sorensen
Buellton, California
2012 Excel TS

Chuck,

I'm sorry to say, as of last week, we are no longer offering the SmartRV product -- new registrations or renewals.

Our engineers haven't updated the website or the registration process yet, so I apologize for any confusion it may have caused.

Safe travels!

-SmartRV Support
3 REPLIES 3

Chuck_Sorensen
Explorer
Explorer
Hi -

SmartRV is a one-way system; information only travels from the RV.

SmartRV has been used to locate a stolen RV. McMahon RV test driver took off for Nevada from southern California. Almost made it.

Take Care -

Chuck

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
is this like lojack or onstar?

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard good things about their system. It was fairly elegant from what I have seen, and cheaper than buying an el cheapo Android phone, slapping a tracking app on it, hiding the phone (and the charger that would need to be connected to the 12 volt side), then paying for a plan so it can phone home when asked to.