cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-75 Mi. to central Fl.

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of rv parks along the 1-75 rte from Mi. to fla. I figure the first day we will make it to Central KY. then another 350 miles day 2 then into our destination. So we need to spend 2 nights along the way. I am wondering if 2 nights in a dog friendly motel may be the answer. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
BTW we are leaving the 1st of Feb. that is why the question. May not dewinterize until after knoxville or a little further south. We will be in our new 34" TT and truck
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)
8 REPLIES 8

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Trainer wrote:
Does anyone know of rv parks along the 1-75 rte from Mi. to fla. I figure the first day we will make it to Central KY. then another 350 miles day 2 then into our destination. So we need to spend 2 nights along the way. I am wondering if 2 nights in a dog friendly motel may be the answer. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
BTW we are leaving the 1st of Feb. that is why the question. May not dewinterize until after knoxville or a little further south. We will be in our new 34" TT and truck

Not sure your exact route from Michigan to Kentucky, but if you are getting to central Kentucky in one day it will be a long one.

We do the I-24 to I-65, and at Birmingham we take US RT 231 to I-10 to I-75 and into SW Florida. We avoid Monteagle (the I-24 to I-75 route) because we had bad experiences going that way on two different occasions. Back in the 90's (March) we hit a blizzard up there and were stuck for 3 days, three years ago it was so foggy up there we had to sit for 4 hours. I don't mind the climb it is just the unpredictable weather conditions between December and March up there.

We are using Clarksville RV CG this year on our way south. It is right on the interstate and is open all year. Nashville has a nice KOA but it is around $65.00 per night. There are some good CG's down through Alabama.

The time of year you are leaving I think it would be questionable if you could de-winterize in TN or KY. If it was me I would look ahead at the extended temps for those areas and make my decision.

When we leave next month we will not be winterized. We simply set the furnace on 50 or 55 degrees and go. But we could be traveling in 30 degree days and you may be seeing 10 degree days.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
De-winterize in Knoxville in FEBRUARY???

One word: DON'T!!!

Wait'll you get to Florida... even then, check the weather forcasts to see what low temps are predicted. If we're having a mild winter, I would say that you could DW around Valdosta... But I wouldn't before then. FYI.
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Great replies thank you all for sharring your knowledge.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Not too far south of the TN/GA state line is Adairsville, GA. We stop at Harvest Moon there.

Check if the park is open at the Georga Agriculture Museum before planning to make that a stop.. Last time I was through there, the RV portion appeared closed.

Renfro Valley, KY has a campground, have been there late in the year and it is open. Also a KOA nearby. Right off I-75.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We always stop at the FMCA free park (FHU-50) in Cinci when we go south. It makes the first day short, but we don't mind.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
On I-75 at Tifton Ga is an easy in and out campground located at the Georgia Agriculture Museum . I have stopped several times , the signage says $20. but I was only charged ten bucks . but then I am a very pretty guy !

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving mid February for Fort Desoto in Florida. We will also be driving down I75 but will be sleeping in the 5th wheel in a Walmart parking lot. Only one time was it cold in the trailer when we had a big snowstorm a couple years ago. I refuse to pay for a room when we have the trailer. We drive more miles in a day but our schedule doesn't permit taking longer to get there.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Once you get to central KY, most campgrounds will be open, some may have limited facilities, depending on the weather.
We like KOA.com and they are well spaced all along I-75 right into FL.

We generally spend the first night at the KOA in Corbin KY, 2nd night at Chattanooga South. We time leaving here to get through Atlanta after 10 am. There is another KOA at Macon Ga, if you have made better time from KY. All of these are within 1/2 mile or less from the highway.
If you don't care for the KOAs, there are many other choices very close to I-75.
Last Feb, we only got the Bluffton (central OH) the first night. The KOA was open?, electric only, and semi plowed sites, had to wade through 2 feet of snow to plug in. NO restrooms, showers, water or dump available. The electric was definitely needed in the -29F weather.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.