cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water heater by-pass

gonervn501
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving in a week for Nadhville and was looking for the by-pass valve in our 2014 Winnebago 35f. The manual behind the water heater and access is under the stove. I removed the panel under the stove and yes the water heater is there but I don't see any by-pass valve. I purchased the MH in the fall and I didn't winterized it. So this is the first time I have tried to dewinterize the unit. Any help?
6 REPLIES 6

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a Winnie, but I'm wondering if the 3 way is actually your bypass?

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have found the back of the water heater, follow the cold water in line back about a foot or so. In ours the single valve is behind a brace holding one of the drawer supports. Our Winnie is a single valve on the cold line (bottom) and then has the diverter line going up to the hot water line out from the heater.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
gonervn501 wrote:
Leaving in a week for Nadhville and was looking for the by-pass valve in our 2014 Winnebago 35f. The manual behind the water heater and access is under the stove. I removed the panel under the stove and yes the water heater is there but I don't see any by-pass valve. I purchased the MH in the fall and I didn't winterized it. So this is the first time I have tried to dewinterize the unit. Any help?

That is exactly where it is on my 2007 Winnebago, but it is small and hard to find. You have to move bundles of wires out of the way to see it.

Find the cold water input at the bottom of the tank, and follow the PEX away from the water heater.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

gonervn501
Explorer
Explorer
I have the book I will look thanks

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
See Winnebago Plumbing Diagrams.

There is a three-way (1/4 turn) valve in the cold water line at the bottom. That's the only valve, except for a check valve in the hot water outlet.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
I would go to the Winnebago web site. Pull up the plumbing diagram for your MH. Do you have the big owners book that came in the black bag?
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+