cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGMA LR-20985 ELECTRIC STEP SWITCH

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006 Coachmen Aurora Class A Motor Home and the rocker switch for the electric steps needs replaced. This switch controls whether the steps close with the screen door or stays out. The switch is from Sigma in Elkhart, IN. Switch is a black rocker switch with two blade connectors out the back. Switch number is LR-20985, 16A - 125V, 12A-250VAC, 3/4HP, 125-250V, 10A, 14V(1). I find this switch number in many different configurations, but not the one I need. Opening size is 1/2" x 1-1/8". I sent an email to Forest River to see if they know where I can find this switch or one from a different vendor.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
6 REPLIES 6

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
I found a black non-illuminated switch at JR Products. Item #13405.
All of the specs match the info that is on the Sigma switch. Ended up ordering it from Amazon Prime for $7.75(not sure that is exact price, but close). Switch at JR Products is $2.00+, but it cost you almost $8.00 for ground shipment.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look at switch 13655
It may be good to have illuminated switch. Then you know what position it is in. Mine illuminates when switch is off.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at switches from JR Products and they have one that is numbered 12555, but it is illuminated (3 pins). Same size, Amps and Voltage correct. I'm thinking this may be OK for me to use except it most likely will not illuminate, which doesn't matter to me. Just trying to get a good switch.

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
The switch is not momentary. One direction causes the steps to close when the screen door closes and when flipped the other way, step stays open when screen door is closed. I believe the switch disables the proximity switch at the bottom corner of the door.
Per Chris' response, the switch is black and its dimension are .55" x 1.125".

Step is a 32 Series made by Kwikee (2steps).

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That's a common switch, the actual cutout is .55" x 1.125" .
Every RV dealer should have boxes of them in stock.
-- Chris Bryant

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
When I looked up your switch number it indicates that it is a momentary switch. Is this correct? Most step on/off switches are not momentary.
Here is non-momentary
JR products
If it is momentary then it must have control box to step the functions. If the switch is bad JR Products should have one. They have many local vendors in many areas.
Make and model of step?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker