Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: (3) OEM Tire Failures 2015 Trailer Rainier (tredit/goodyear)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> (3) OEM Tire Failures 2015 Trailer Rainier (tredit/goodyear)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
1slomofo

Corona

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/15 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 Tire Failures on a 2015 Coach!

Rainier (mfg. tredit/goodyear) 235/80/16 E tires. Date code shows “1114” (March 2014). Stock OEM equipped. From what I can gather online these tires are really new. There really aren’t any reviews of them online besides people asking if they have heard about them or not . It appears these are also the stock equipped tire for JAYCO as well as ECLIPSE. Not sure of any others.

So am writing this as a real life review and notice to make sure people know what they might expect. As well as a notice to you on what to expect for tire warranty (or lack there of)

Our rig is a 2015 Eclipse Attitude 5th Wheel toyhauler. We had 3 trips previous trips on the rig or roughly 750 miles on the rig total (including delivery from manufacture). Tires were always at max air and covered when stored.

We experienced a blowout (driverside front axle) at 55mph about 85 miles into our trip last weekend. Ambient temperature outside was about 78 degrees. This blowout also caused the failure of the rear axle tire (shock load?) on the driver side. Luckily the rear tire was still holding air. I threw on the spare and limped into camp about 3 miles down the road (yup we were that close!)

[image]
[image]

Ran into town the next day and grabbed two new tires to replace the failed tires. (to the tune of $350 bucks)

Fast forward to our return trip home with the trailer we made it about 70 miles in and had another failure at 55mph with ambient at 71F. This one was passenger rear axle. Luckily the front tire appeared OKAY. Threw on the spare and limped home at 45mph on the freeway haha.

[image]
[image]

I wrote to Eclipse and included pictures of blowouts and mentioned I was unhappy with the fact they use substandard equipment on large trailers and put people in danger. I also included pictures of the damage to the trailer hoping to get some information back on repairs, but I never got even a peep back. I did however get a call from Tredit (which means Eclipse got my email and forwarded my email to tredit and then forgot about it)

Tredit asked a bunch of questions and sent me on a mission for more pictures and receipts etc… they assured me I would be taken care of. After a few days they got back to me and said they wanted to pay for PART of the bill for the two replacement tires as well as a credit for the third tire I would still have to buy. This didn’t really fly with me. They also went on to say that no tire company pays for damage to the trailer in the event of a failure or blowout. (this is incorrect, other companies do). We went back and forth a while and I wasn’t getting anywhere. I’m still getting screwed and bent over backwards , but we settled on them sending me a check for replacing all 5 original tires at less money than I can actually replace them for… so… a partial replacement at best and I’m stuck with figuring out repairing the trailer
So just add this company to your list of AVOID AT ALL COSTS and know that if your rig came with them stock you got taken just like I did.

-2015 32SAG Eclipse Attitude Toyhauler
-2010 Mosebilt 2-seater Long Travel Sand Car
-2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
-2006 Kawasaki Kfx400
-1984 Wife

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/15 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add yourself to the China bomb family. Sure hope you now understand why so many have switched to LT tires.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/15 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the MAX Load Rating on those tires and at what PSI?

What weight is being carried by your trailer axles (you have weighed rig correct)?

YES..tire mfg. DO pay for damage to trailer caused by tire failure
GOODYEAR had a batch of inferior G614s back in 2006/7
Had blowout on passenger rear.........$2000 damage to slideout/skirting/motel stay for factory repairs

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

1slomofo

Corona

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/15 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

What is the MAX Load Rating on those tires and at what PSI?

What weight is being carried by your trailer axles (you have weighed rig correct)?

YES..tire mfg. DO pay for damage to trailer caused by tire failure
GOODYEAR had a batch of inferior G614s back in 2006/7
Had blowout on passenger rear.........$2000 damage to slideout/skirting/motel stay for factory repairs

3520lbs @ 80psi - they were of course at 80psi.

6000lb axles - which means I had 1040lbs of excess tire capacity per axle considering my axles. Heck the tires had enough capacity to hold the entire trailer... and then some...

13,500 max weight for trailer. NO I have not weighed it to know what it was really at. But I know what I loaded in there and how it was distributed.

1slomofo

Corona

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/15 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donn0128 wrote:

Add yourself to the China bomb family. Sure hope you now understand why so many have switched to LT tires.

Ohh I know! All of my previous trailers I had made the switch. I figured I would get longer than this on new tires however... even if they were china bombs!

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/15 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tredit AKA "Shredit"

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/15 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have good friends we were traveling with this summer up into the Canadian Maritime all the way to Newfoundland. And they went thru all four tires on there 2015 Jayco Pinnacle, not to mention a bunch of other issues, so it was traded as soon as we got back.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/15 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're much better off playing dumb when writing companies like that, rather than throwing out accusations like "substandard equipment." An "Aww, shucks, I don't know what could've happened" attitude goes a lot farther. The goal here was remittance for damages, not a change in company policy, because you know that's not gonna happen.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/15 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only tire I would recommend in the Tredit line is the Sailun S637 235/85-16 G load range at 3750 lb capacity at 110 psi. These tires were orig a LT but Sailun changed their letter designation to a ST tire so they wouldn't have to pay a higher import tax rate on LT tires vs the ST tire which being a niche tire isn't taxed at a higher rate. Trailer owners with 6k or 7k axle are using them with good success. I've seen no complaints on all type of trailering websites....unlike any brand ST tire.

For 6k axles the all steel ply carcass commercial grade Bridgestone R-250 or Michelin XPS Ribs are tops.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

humblerb

houston

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/15 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We replaced all of our tires on our last trip about 50 miles from home.
I had replaced one previously with a Goodyear.
Tire dealer where we stopped (small lake town, with lots of trailer action) said that Goodyear are the worst trailer tires made.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> (3) OEM Tire Failures 2015 Trailer Rainier (tredit/goodyear)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.