cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Winnie Drop

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking for all the small TTs I could find on the net and just came across this new one from Winnebago: winnebagoind.com/products/travel-trailer/2016/winnie-drop/overview It is similar to the Forest River R-Pod but I have always felt Winnebago was a better quality manufacturer and I really like the looks.

So many of the smaller TTs just aren't made that well. Well, the larger ones aren't either. Would love to see one of these in person.
Cathy, Alfred, and Andrew.
Appreciating each day
9 REPLIES 9

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
brookside wrote:
I have been looking for all the small TTs I could find on the net and just came across this new one from Winnebago: http://winnebagoind.com/products/travel-trailer/2016/winnie-drop/overview It is similar to the Forest River R-Pod but I have always felt Winnebago was a better quality manufacturer and I really like the looks.

So many of the smaller TTs just aren't made that well. Well, the larger ones aren't either. Would love to see one of these in person.

I have to agree that Winnebago makes high quality trailers. We love ours.

Some things concern me about the Drop. It doesn't appear to have a battery and maybe not brakes, at least not mentioned in the brochure.

It lists a GVWR of 3800 lbs but has ST205/75R14C tires. My trailer has the same tires (4) and the max loading is 1760 lbs/tire x2 = 3520 lbs. The axle is only rated at 3500 lbs.

This may be OK but it seems to me that the tires and axle could be easily overloaded. Otherwise it looks like a great little trailer. I would like to see a more extensive set of specifications, not that I am in the market for one, just curious.

It does have brakes, and a battery is necessary for refrigerator operation and emergency brakes.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
Per sales rep for our area, on the 3,800 with the 3,500 axle, the hitch carries the extra weight which is what I expected was their thought. I'm not sure why they are going with 3,800 rather than 3,500 for the GVWR though as the dry weight is still low enough to allow some cargo weight and there isn't a lot of space to put things in the trailer itself. I think since it is so new that details are "sketchy". I'm trying to get some further info. I'm looking for something that is not that sandwich of materials that can delam and also trying to avoid OSB which is next to impossible. I'll post any info I am able to get. I am seriously looking right now.

Also note that in the brochure it says "D" range tires and in the description on the web page it says "C" range tires.

Like I said, it is new and I think it was showcased in September.

My update: Well, I never got an answer back concerning the construction of the side walls and how much OSB they use or not. I know I tried to get info like this before on the Minnie Winnie TT and got the brochure but no mention on construction. Construction is important to me, looks, not so much.
Appreciating each day

Less_Stuff
Explorer
Explorer
Why oh why build a trailer with the wheels sticking out.
Cover the wheels with trailer then it could have a real Queen sized bed not a skimpy 74 inch long queen.

From a 78 inch long guy.

Starcraft Launch comes to mind.
Launch 17FB
DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:

The brochure lists brakes but they hid it in the line about torsion axles.
"Torsion Axles with self-adjusting brakes"

OK, thanks. Great looking little trailer. Maybe just right for a couple with a small V6 tow vehicle.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Bigbird65 wrote:

Some things concern me about the Drop. It doesn't appear to have a battery and maybe not brakes, at least not mentioned in the brochure.

The brochure lists brakes but they hid it in the line about torsion axles.
"Torsion Axles with self-adjusting brakes"
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago seems to be trying a variety of smaller trailers and motorhomes. I know they have the Winnie Winnie and next was the Micro Minnie and now this large teardrop of sorts. It seems that for the weight, the Micro Minnie really gives you more. On the one that is posted for sale, there was no price but a "call". Storage in the teardrop types looks sparse with nothing over the bed and dinette.

Price checks puts them at $15,995 and up depending on one's location.
Appreciating each day

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
brookside wrote:
I have been looking for all the small TTs I could find on the net and just came across this new one from Winnebago: http://winnebagoind.com/products/travel-trailer/2016/winnie-drop/overview It is similar to the Forest River R-Pod but I have always felt Winnebago was a better quality manufacturer and I really like the looks.

I have to agree that Winnebago makes high quality trailers. We love ours.

It lists a GVWR of 3800 lbs but has ST205/75R14C tires. My trailer has the same tires (4) and the max loading is 1760 lbs/tire x2 = 3520 lbs. The axle is only rated at 3500 lbs.

This may be OK but it seems to me that the tires and axle could be easily overloaded. Otherwise it looks like a great little trailer. I would like to see a more extensive set of specifications, not that I am in the market for one, just curious.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

brookside
Explorer
Explorer
We'll probably be "iced" in. They rely on the "solar blow" here, think if the sun doesn't come out, you slip slide away. I never could figure out why they the shows here in the winter here.

There is a dealer in Joplin, MO, SW corner of MO, that has one. That is a long drive from our location but that is where I discovered that they were making these now.
Appreciating each day

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Winnie

Close to home...Kansas RV Show

How about a road trip....Mid-America RV show

What else are you going to do in January??????