cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thor chateau super C 33sw Windows opening

gregharper58
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Chateau Super C and are now on our second set of front coach frameless Windows, both sides. The first set would open while driving and chatter loudly and the crank would not keep them in. We reported this to MHSRV in Alvarado and they spoke to Thor and they said we are having issues with these windows. We got the second set of Windows, double paned this time, installed and after 2 short 200 mile trips the windows opened on their own again but with less chatter. Thor seems a little reluctant to offer new Windows again and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I under stand Thor would like to have more evidence when approaching their window supplier. Please respond.
3 REPLIES 3

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get the evidence. Also state you will post the resolve online. This way it holds them at least somewhat accountable. Thor should be backing up their product and put the pressure on the window MFG. I mean it's opening while driving! Certainly they don't expect for you to just park an RV!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

DMMHC
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same issues. 2016 Thor Four Winds MH. Windows are very noisy. It is in the shop now. Windows were replaced, but techs dont feel it will help much, since they are so thin and bow in the middle. How did you convince them to add double pane windows? Thor is kind of passing us off to Lippert, the window manufacturer.

Yosemitebobr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 FourWinds 33SW same as yours actually, just drove 2800 miles without a problem, not what you wanted to hear I'm sure, but what can I say.
YosemiteBobR (Bob)
2022 Venture Sonic Lite
My DW the co-pilot/navigator (the boss):)

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL