Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA
28 REPLIES 28

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You're traveling much too fast! We'd pick a couple states a season to explore thoroughly. You should see the highlighted routes of all colors in my paper atlas. Most states we've explored every secondary road.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
I use Garmin BaseCamp to create routes and track my progress.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Jeff,

That's a nice map. Is there an app or website you use to track your travels?
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
When I was towing my 5th wheel and we were full time (made it 8 years) we tried to move only during Tuesday, Wed or Thursday and no more than 300 miles and then sit in the rv park for at least 1 week and normally 2 so we could site see a 100 mile circle from the park we were in. Got to see a lot of things when your not moving often.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Today marks our first year anniversary as full-timers, and it's been great! Have seen so many wonderful places.

Last year we had milestones to accomplish (e.g. family reunion in MN and visiting family in MI and IN). We set our travel days to be ~3 hours of driving so we had many stops along the way. Most were for 3 nights to 2 weeks. Only had three 1 night stops. We then spent 5 months in Mesa, AZ and 2 months in San Diego (Chula Vista).

The wife didn't care too much for stopping that many stops due to having to set up the 5er, so this year we're increasing our driving time and staying no less than a week when we stop.

Currently in Buellton, CA and headed north through OR, WA, ID, MT, UT, NV then back to AZ for the winter.

While we've had our issues along the way (like the nose sinking to the ground after disconnecting due to a loose hydraulic connection), we've managed to survive ๐Ÿ™‚

Safe travels all.

Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Home is where you park it!
Where ever I go, there I am!

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, that is my goal in life, however not sure the DW has the same ideas. I would sell and pack up and leave today if I could survive. I keep watching these RV shows where people are working from the road, I would love to do that. I want to travel all over the US and see it all...
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like great fun to me. Enjoy
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
Congratulations

I'm jealous. We've got the rig, but we are not old enough yet.

If you have the rig, you can workamp (work camp) your way around the country. Age is irrelevant. I'm currently workamping at Adventureland Amusement Park in Des Moines Iowa. There is some pretty young full timers working here.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to this wonderful lifestyle!

Someone else mentioned to go slow. Most new FT'ers spend the 1st year (or 2 or 3) GO-GO-GOING until they get the "newness" out of their systems. Take it easy. Most of it will still be there when you arrive.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you're enjoying the cool weather up there!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
azjeffh wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
Great! What's your first destination?

Well, technically Mesa ๐Ÿ™‚ That's where we are now until we close on the house next week. Staying here another 2 weeks.

Then it's off to Big Lake (Springerville, AZ), followed by Fool Hollow (Show Low), then starting to head to SD to get our drivers licenses and new plates. Then headed to MN, WI, MI, IN to visit family.

Back to AZ in Oct.

Sounds like a good plan and yes, you'll get tested on the way to Payson. ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy and best of luck to you!

In Heber now and she towed great. No problems at all up and down the mountains and rode smoother than my old rig (F250, Savoy 29RK).
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

36_Paws
Explorer
Explorer
As you see I am still learning how to post messages.

36_Paws
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. Today is our 34th day. We learn something new everyday. It

Congratulations. Today is our 34th day. It is a good way to live. Good luck to you.
Valerie and Mike