cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Cannot get power to levelers / jacks

bobs51
Explorer
Explorer
I need some HELP! from anyone who might know something about Leveler / JAcks.

There must be someone who has experience that could help me figure out why I can't get my jacks to work. The brand on mine GeorgieBoy seem to be PowerPlus(from a flyer I found) I used them a couple of times but on my trip back west last fall, I can't seem to get any power to the control panel. I have no indicator lights.

WE had an electrical issue on our way home and Good Sam Roadside Assistance sent a mechanic from from ATC in Cedar Rapids IA to help. The guy was a truck mechanic and screwed up more than he helped. I ended up driving home in daylight only because he fried my Ford multi-function switch.

PLEASE HELP, there are no RV mechanics within 200 mi.
12 REPLIES 12

bobs51
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies so far. I have'nt had PC for awhile.

I still need help with my PowerPlus Electric Levelers (not hydraulic).
I have a 96 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster 34' Class A RV, Ford F53 Chassis. The jack panel is by the entry door. It's a mostly manual system, I think..

There are some Controls, Relays, and a rocker switch, in the storage bin below the panel but I can't see where the wires go to and I am not to eager to be jumping into wiring issues without some sort or schematic or basic info about the jacks system.

The PowerPlus website is online but not being operated I think. Phones ring but no one answers. I found another number that did answer, said PP moved out couple of years ago. dsstreeter@ email address does not respond. Webpage contact form gets no reply.

PP supposed to be in business for 35yrs, bought out some A&? jacks company, and had 12 employees, so says some business info website, but no trace now.

bobs51
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the power cable. Key on, parking brake locked....no power. There is an unknown switch in the locker with the relays {under the control panel) have tried with that switch on and off... I wish I could find a wiring diagram or some sort of manual etc... This is driving me nuts... I am going to direct wire it with a master kill switch, I think next. this is ridiculous...

k9-keno
Explorer
Explorer
Just had an issue with my jacks giving me power than no power. It was the positive cable from jacks to battery was loose.
2007 Damon Daybreak 35.4ft Class A
2001 Georgie Boy 31ft Class C
2003 Coachman Auroa Gold Class A
1995 Coachman Santara Class C
2000 Coachman Pop-up
1988 Dodge Ram Conversion Van

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Been a RV Tech for 37 years (still working). Have never seen this system on any of the thousands of motorhomes I have worked on. Have heard of them, just never seen one. Tried calling them, and like you stated, NO answer. That tells me they are either out of business or about ready to go out of business. Doug

http://www.powerpluslevelers.com/home.html

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you sure they are electric and not HWH hydraulic jacks? Are they straight jacks are they the kick down type? I have the same year GBM but they are HWH hyd kickdown jacks? If you open the hood and can you see a black metal box with a silver knob on top?

bobs51
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. This is the same problem I posted about before. I've never gotten them fixed.

We have a '96 GeorgieBoy Cruisemaster 35' Class A. Ford F53 Chassis, Gas.

The JAcks from what I can tell are electric, PowerPlus..I got some phone numbers from someone the other day but those numbers are answered by robots and seem to be dead links.

Thanks, Bob

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
Check for blown fuses. I had a dead chassis battery, and the friend who hooked up a jump box did it backwards, and POOF!! You would be amazed the fuses that that one negative power surge blew.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a hydraulic system, on my older power gear levellers there is a fuse inline from the 12 v source at the pump that feeds the hydraulic solenoids. The other colored wires going up to the control panel are just ground wires. As said above the ground is controlled by the park brake. If you are handy with a volt/ ohm meter, follow the wires and check for 12 v and grounds..
Good luck.

RicoSuave
Explorer
Explorer
Parking brake must be engaged for the jacks to operate. Given that, check for a switch near the brake that is activated when engaged. There may be 2 switches, one for the jacks and another for the dash light, etc. If only one switch then the jacks and the dash indicator share the same switch in which case you also may have no indication the brake is engaged. Quite possibly just a loose wire, connector, or switch on the brake pedal.
Richard and Iris
Puddles (Shih-Tzu)
2005 Coachmen Aurora 3480DS
2006 VW Beetle conv. & 2008 Wrangler X Toads

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just spend a few days in 100 degree weather fighting elec. problems on a friends rig. Problem turned out to be a grounding problem. Cables looked good but were not. Try a jumper starting cable from the batt. ground to a good ground on the frame. See if anything improves.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
After looking at your other posts, it appears this is a recurring problem for you. You might try IRV2.com forum if you haven't found the answer here. Look for the owners forum for your particular motor home.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you do not say, what year, model of your rig.
Nor did you tell us are they Hydraulic or electric?

But most jacks run off of the Engine/Chassis battery and requires it to be in Park and the Parking Brake set. Too
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog