cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New floors!! AWESOME!!

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Recently had new floor installed by Ernie. Man do we love it!! Changed the whole look and feel inside.

2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!
30 REPLIES 30

chester490
Explorer
Explorer
We have an appointment with Ernie in December to get our new floors. I can hardly wait. Yours are beautiful. Makes me a little jealous! Enjoy them and thanks for sharing your pictures.

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
Folks- our coaches don't have that many square feet. That being said, quality engineered wood- with the more layers of plywood, that better in stability it is. And adhered with urethane adhesive, will not move or give you any trouble. You will be glad you put quality in your coach. I stay away from the box stores for flooring.
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

bobcatcharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Take bow, Ernie
2004 Dutch Star

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
lakebum wrote:
It looks really nice, I know you are proud. We really like our Class A over the new ones for many reasons, price being a major one, but we like our floor plan and the only thing is even only being 8 plus years old, it looks dated and vinyl and carpet are showing its age.

Yeah, we really love the rig for many of the reasons you list. we actually had a friend say they thought our furniture was starting to look dated and then with the new flooring it made the whole interior look better. He even asked if we replaced some of it. Haha.
The new floors were really worth the investment as we have no plans to upgrade to a new bus. It does everything we want, in great shape and we love the floor plan. We have owned the RV since Jan 09 & we are planning on getting a new full body paint job in the coming years.
I know we would almost never be able to get our investment back other than enjoying it like we do.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
I use to travel to work, but found out all I was making was diesel money. You can take a trip to Texas and since I have a shop here, that's not on wheels, get your floors done and explore the area
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Effy wrote:
Very nice looking. Probably one of the best RV floors I've seen.

Wow! X2 that is THE best redo of a floor in a MH I've ever seen!:C

What was the name of the style wood you used it looks so rich looking.

How long did it take him to do it? I'm looking at replacing my carpet with wood this month myself.

Acacia by Earthwerks. He had it back to me in two weeks. He did an outstanding job and made the ole bus feel like new!!!
2005 Damon Astoria 3679

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:

Wow! X2 that is THE best redo of a floor in a MH I've ever seen!:C

What was the name of the style wood you used it looks so rich looking.

How long did it take him to do it? I'm looking at replacing my carpet with wood this month myself.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
That is fantastic and looks beautiful. Be sure to wipe up any liquids quickly to prevent delamination. The engineered wood floors are very susceptible to water damage.
I was told just the opposite. Building our home here near the ocean with high humidity we were told by several builders to use engineered wood as its less prone to expansion and contraction from humidity. Are you referring to laminate? Engineered is actually a real wood "sandwich" which is structurally superior to solid wood and laminate. Of course it may depend on the quality of the wood and filler. I Think higher end floors such as was installed by the OP would be just fine. Perhaps Ernie knows.
Good point. My understanding is that engineered woods are better suited to high humidity situations such as a basement. But there are two important things to consider:

1) No wood floors can tolerate standing water. So if you spill water on your floors or have a leak, you'd better clean it up whether it's engineered or solid.

2) Not all engineered woods are equal. The old Pergo floors with the particle board backings were terrible for water. Even a little water on those made them buckle. The new engineered floors are typically made of plywood sandwiches and are more resistant. I agree, it really depends on the quality and the OP seems to have installed a very high quality floor with a very professional install.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
WOW, Beautiful . My grandparents moved to blue lake across the lake from you in 1964 and The lake then was Lake Granite Shoals.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
That is fantastic and looks beautiful. Be sure to wipe up any liquids quickly to prevent delamination. The engineered wood floors are very susceptible to water damage.

I was told just the opposite. Building our home here near the ocean with high humidity we were told by several builders to use engineered wood as its less prone to expansion and contraction from humidity. Are you referring to laminate? Engineered is actually a real wood "sandwich" which is structurally superior to solid wood and laminate. Of course it may depend on the quality of the wood and filler. I Think higher end floors such as was installed by the OP would be just fine. Perhaps Ernie knows.
2013 ACE 29.2

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
2013 ACE 29.2

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful. He did a fantastic job for you.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
That looks fabulous. Wish Ernie would come to Virginia.

We recently had the carpet (we don't have much, mostly in bedroom and some on the big slide floor) replaced with a high grade of Stairmaster carpet. It looks great and they did a nice job but I would really like to do something spiffy for the step well.

So, Ernie, take a vacation to Virginia, hang around a while, do a little flooring work...;)
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA